Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

We recently purchased a Eight Day Spring Wound Pendulum

We recently purchased a Eight...

We recently purchased a Eight Day Spring Wound Pendulum, New England Clock Company, Wall Clock, made in Bristol, Conn. # XXXXX 210P. We were wondering how much this clock is worth, we took it to a Clock repair co. He said it's worth something, just didn't know how much. Told us to go on the internet, we might be able to get an estimate? I don't see a date on it, but I am sure there is one, It's old, & it's in been really taken care of. It's a wooden case, just beautiful.

8/22/2012
Angela--Mod

Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

No, I have not received an answer as of yet. I really would like an idea of around how much my wall clock is valued at. Thank you, Jim

Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.

OK, I'm on your page where you asked me to go. You said you needed more information on my clock, I do not see any questions that you have for me.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

Hi my name is Glenda,
Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.

.

Does it look like this?

.

Yes, almost the same, but I think someone took off those little things on the side. Other than that it is exactually our clock. We love it it is so beautiful.

.

The Vintage 8-Day, Chiming Wall Clock made by THE NEW ENGLAND CLOCK Co. - Bristol and Farmington, Connecticut has an estimated value on the secondary retail market for an of average of $150.00-175.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country..( Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities. )

.

So be sure to check your local area. This will give you an idea of what it goes for in your area, then you can decide to sell locally or at one of the online markets.

.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me, if there is a problem with my answer please feel free contacting me before leaving a negative feedback, any problem can be resolved.

.

New Rating System, Explanation: Please Rate Me Only, not the Website.

Also, please rate my service to you not the price I have to report, I cannot control the value of an item, we use the most up todate data bases, references and research material. I cannot control current values.

.

I am a appraiser who is a user of the site to answer questions for customers who come here. I do my very best to offer you the most current values and any information I can find for you.

.

A rating of one of the top 3 smiley faces Smile lets JustAnswer/ Pearl know I did my job, this is the only way I am paid and credited for my time, at no additional cost to the you. A good feed back rating ( not, "Bad Service" or "Poor Service" ) it is very much appreciated, unless you do not feel a good feedback is warranted, then please let me know what else I can do for you, ( if anything ) to help get a good feedback by, clicking on the " Continue the Conversation Link". My good rating is very important to me and something I strive to keep.

.

And if you would like to use me on any further questions. It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question , then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time.

.

It has been a pleasure working for you, I look forward to it again.

.

Thank you so much

Glenda

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser