Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a antique gold watch with Geneva and 17 jewels on the

face. I would like to...
I have a antique gold watch with Geneva and 17 jewels on the face. I would like to know the value. see photo
7/11/2012
Josie-Mod
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Yea still waiting for answer

Thank you for your reply. Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Will
Will, Certified Appraiser
Hi--is this marked as gold inside the case? 14k, 18k, etc.
no I don't see any markings stating 14k or 18k. There is no case.

I meant the frame around the watch works, sorry for the confusion...actual gold cases will be marked on the back, if gold content is included in the construction. Geneva is a well respected Swiss maker, but generally they are not considered "expensive" as with a Rolex or Omega. On the secondary market, most retail from $50 to $75 if in good working condition. Here is a link to eBay completed sales, for example--while the prices on the large auction site tend to be wholesale, in this economy it is strongly indicative of what a private seller can expect to net in a sale.

h ttp://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sadis=200&_ipg=50&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sacat=0&_samihi&_samilow&_fpos&_udhi&_oexkw&_udlo&_adv=1&_nkw=geneva%2017%20jewel%20watch&LH_Complete=1&_dmd=1&_okw&_fsct&_sop=15

=

I do hope I have helped and answered your question higher than the minimum level of "Got the Job Done." I truly enjoy being able to assist people when possible, and if there is absolutely anything more I can do to make this online experience more satisfactory in your mind, PLEASE just ask me! Thank you for allowing me to assist you and for visiting the site--if you have need of my services in the future, please just put my name at the BEGINNING of any posted question and I will be with you ASAP. If I cannot find the answer you need, I will do my best to find someone who can! Best, Will

Will
Will, Certified Appraiser
Will
Will
Will, Certified Appraiser