Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

i have woodstove named scheu-hy-lo model30-31 approved state

fire marshel of commonwealth of...
i have woodstove named scheu-hy-lo model30-31 approved state fire marshel of commonwealth of massachette may 28 1862
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/20/2012
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

Hi my name is Glenda,
Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.

.

Does it look like this?
.

yes it does look like it

Hi Issac.

.

This is what they call a Scheu Hy-Lo Hard hat orchard kerosene heater, model # XXXXX from 1962, they were mostly used on job sites, also called smudge pots. They are currently esitmated to sell on the secondary retail market for an average of 75.00-125.00, depending on where they are for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, I would check with your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country..( Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities. )
.

So be sure to check your local area. This will give you an idea of what it goes for in your area, then you can decide to sell locally or at one of the online markets.

.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me, if there is a problem with my answer please feel free contacting me before leaving a negative feedback, any problem can be resolved.

.

New Rating System, Explanation:Please Rate Me Only, not the Website.

.

I am a appraiser who is a user of the site to answer questions for customers who come here. I do my very best to offer you the most current values and any information I can find for you.

.

A good feed back rating lets JustAnswer/ Pearl know I did my job and therefore I get credit and compensation for my work, so please leave a good feed back ( 3 stars and above, or 3 smiley faces and above, not "Helped a little" or "I expected more" ) it is very much appreciated, unless you do not feel a good feedback is warranted, then please let me know what else I can do for you, ( if anything ) to help get a good feedback by, clicking on the " Continue the Conversation Link". My good rating is very important to me and something I strive to keep.

.

And if you would like to use me on any further questions. It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question , then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time.

.

It has been a pleasure working for you, I look forward to it again.

.

Thank you so much

Glenda

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser