Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a signed painting from Fritz Thaulow. Washerwomen in

Customer Question
the morning at Quimprle is...
I have a signed painting from Fritz Thaulow. Washerwomen in the morning at Quimprle is the title. What is it worth and how hard is it to get rid of it?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Antiques
5/11/2012
Antique Expert: Will, Certified Appraiser replied 5 years ago
Will
Will, Certified Appraiser

Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am pleased to assist you. Could you provide an image for review and note the size, medium and overall condition, paying special attention to ANY visible flaws?

Its in an old frame and is aged. The detail as a whole is much different than the prints I have seen on the inter net. I can send it to you by my I Phone. It has a pencil signature in the lower right corner and a 2/ Name? in the lower left corner.

If you cannot get your file uploaded, please feel free to forward your graphic or file to us here and we will forward it to your Expert. Direct contact is not allowed and the email address for forwarding is

[email protected] . Please note the name of your expert of choice, Will Gorges, and make sure the email address you are sending the image(s) from is the same you used when you subscribed to JustAnswer--if using a smart phone, just note your original email address in the text area. PLEASE be aware the email forwarding process can take 12 to 72 hours from Customer Service--I have no control over that! Thanks!

graphic
I am trying to get a better picture now.

Thanks!

Frits THAULOW (1847-1906)

Based upon a review of information you provided and published completed sales data for similar items, the current fair market value is estimated to range from $12,000 to $30,000 based on overall condition and regional market demand.

I realize the range is a bit wide, but this artist is very up and down in this economy...I posted a few of the most recent offerings below for your review--note several failed to meet reserves or sell.

I would suggest you contact any one of the galleries listed who have successfully sold similar works...that is where you will realize the highest return in most cases.

Hope this information helps and thanks for using JustAnswer!

A Pond in Autumn

Painting , Oil/canvas (63.8x76 cm)

Not sold

Estimate USD 15,000 - 25,000

William Doyle , New York NY

UNITED STATES , 5/9/2012

A stream through a village

Painting , Oil/canvas (60.4x73.6 cm)

EUR 31,890

Estimate USD 30,000 - 50,000

Bonhams , New York NY

EUROPEAN PAINTINGS
UNITED STATES , 4/25/2012

Woman with a Parasol on a Path in the Garden (1879)

Painting , Oil/canvas (27.5x17 cm)

Not sold

Estimate DKK 30,000

Bruun Rasmussen , Copenhagen

FINE ART + ANTIQUES
DENMARK , 2/28/2012

Autumn River Scene, probably the Netherlands or Belgium

Painting , Oil/canvas (66x82 cm)

EUR 34,204

Estimate USD 20,000 - 30,000

Skinner , Boston MA

AMERICAN & EUROPEAN WORKS OF ART - FINE PAINTINGS ...
UNITED STATES , 2/3/2012

Towards the Pont Lovignon (Pont Fleuri) in Quimperlé

Painting , Oil/canvas (65.5x81.3 cm)

EUR 10,666

Estimate USD 20,000 - 30,000

Sotheby's , New York NY

UNITED STATES , 1/27/2012

"La Place du Village"

Painting , Oil/canvas (46.5x55.5 cm)

EUR 13,308

Estimate SEK 120,000 - 150,000

Uppsala Auktionskammare , Uppsala

OLD MASTER PAINTINGS - 19TH & 20TH CENTURY PAINTIN ...
SWEDEN , 12/8/2011

Gränd i lyktsken - Café de Boissons

Painting , Oil/canvas (65x54 cm)

EUR 3,992

Estimate SEK 40,000 - 50,000

Uppsala Auktionskammare , Uppsala

SWEDEN , 12/8/2011

Kvällsstämning - Motiv från Montreuil-sur-Mer (1894)

Painting , Oil/canvas (65x92 cm)

EUR 13,308

Estimate SEK 120,000 - 150,000

Uppsala Auktionskammare , Uppsala

SWEDEN , 12/8/2011
Will
Will
Will, Certified Appraiser