Michelle
Michelle, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience as an antiques dealer, collector, researcher, columnist and journalist.
52213563

I have an antique carousel horse and I want to know how much

I have an antique carousel horse and I want to know how much it is worth if at all anything

Michelle :

Hello, Thank you for using JustAnswer. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your question.

Michelle :

If you could please give me the dimensions of your carousel horse and upload a photo.

Michelle :

You can use my photobucket page and upload your photos - http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j449/grannysantiques/
the user name is XXXXX XXXXX my password XXXXX XXXXX
Or, you can email them [email protected] with my name, Michelle in antiques and they will be emailed to me. It can take several hours for me to get the photos depending upon how busy the site is.

Michelle :

Once I receive the above information and photos I will be able to respond to your question.

Michelle :

Antique carousel horses from actual carousels do have significant value and are very collectible.

Michelle :

Thank you

Michelle :

Does he have a horse hair tail? Is there any indication that he once had a mane?

Michelle :

Thank you

I was really trying to tell you who made this carousel horse and sent a photo to a nearby carousel museum but they could not say for certain who it was made by.

It is American made, early 1900s. He is an outside prancer. The condition appears to be very good with no restoration. Possibly made by Carl Muller.

Resale value on your carousel horse is $5,000-$6,000 USD due to the ornate work on the saddle, blanket and breast band. He is missing his original bit and reins.

Please feel free to ask me additional questions on your lovely carousel horse.

Thank you, Michelle