Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Hartley & Teeter 4 wheeled railroad vehicle in good…

Customer Question
I have a Hartley &...
I have a Hartley & Teeter 4 wheeled railroad vehicle in good condition. I am wondering its value?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Antiques
4/29/2012
Antique Expert: Will, Certified Appraiser replied 5 years ago
Will
Will, Certified Appraiser

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you. Based upon a review of information you provided and published completed sales data for similar items, the current fair market value is estimated to range from $1,800 to $3,000 to a railroad collector based on overall condition and regional market demand. It was classified as a one man light inspection car and most were manufactured by the Light Inspection Car Company of Hagerstown, Indiana in the late 1880s and promoted as "the lightest running, strongest, swiftest, safest and most durable car on the market." Later models were made by companies like Columbia in the Roadmaster series. Hope this information helps and thanks for using JustAnswer!

***

If my information has been of assistance to you, please remember to click the ACCEPT icon so I will be credited by JustAnswer for my time and efforts (at no additional charge to you). Thanks!

Will
Will
Will, Certified Appraiser