Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

What is the value of an antique hoosier cabinet by sellers?

Customer Question
Original finish med stain color...
What is the value of an antique hoosier cabinet by sellers? Original finish med stain color has flour sifter in first door two smaller doors above roll up door all 3 have caramel colored slag glass one has small crack has small area of damage on one side where something hit and some wear on the legs think it is from the 1920-1930s overall good condition
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/8/2012
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 5 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

The Sellers Hoosier Cabinet circa: 20's-30's is currently estimated to sell on the secondary retail market ( known selling price ) for an average of $850.00-1000.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. This will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. Depending on condition and where it is for sale at the selling price may not bring the current fair market price.

If you are thinking of selling, I would check with your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country.

So be sure to check your local area. This will give you an idea of what it goes for in your area, then you can decide to sell locally or at one of the online markets.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me, if there is a problem with my answer please feel free contacting me before leaving a negative feedback, any problem can be resolved.

And if you would like to use me on any further questions.

It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question , then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time.

I look forward to working with you again.

Please click accept if I have been of any help to you, (with no further expense to you)

We are only paid by Just Answer after you click accept. Otherwise we are not

compensated for our time.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Great day.

Glenda

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser