Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

Glenda, I have pictures on my phone that I can upload to

Customer Question
Glenda, I have pictures on my...
Glenda,

I have pictures on my phone that I can upload to you from my computer. What is the best way to get them to you?

Chadd
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Antiques
1/9/2012
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 6 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

Chadd

Do you mean you have them on your phone and you are going to upload them to your computer picture program and then upload them to me? Or do you need to send them by email? Also Chadd, if you can, can you go to the original question to correspond with me? This will be better then using two different questions for the same item, then we can let this question time out.

Glenda

Glenda,

I have pictures on my camera that I can upload to you via email. This website won't allow me to upload a single picture do to the size. Do you have a an email that I can send these pictures to?

Chadd

Ok, but, go to this original question and I will have instructions there for you .

http://www.justanswer.com/antiques/62sk6-appears-vintage-hot-water-urn.html

Ok lets try this upload again. It worked... I have mulitiple pictures... there must be a better way to send more?graphic

Chadd

Ok, this did not work the image is too large to show up here or there is a glitch going on between your computer, to Just Answer. You will have to email them, and it has to be just like this....or they will not forward them to me. I will contact you as soon as I get the pictures, it can take up to 24hrs before they get them to me.

Glenda

Send the picture to , [email protected] , in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques" in the body of the message put , your user name and name, make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you.

ok thanks for your help.... I will send them shortly

Chadd

Great, I will be out for a little bit tomorrow and will get back with you as soon as I get the pictures, wanted to let you know in case you repsond to me and I do not get right back with you, did not want you to think I am ignoring you.

Glenda

Chadd

I got the pictures, wow!, Can you tell me what the plate says on it? Also is there a burner on the underside?

Glenda

Glenda,

There's no burner on the underside. The plate says Russell Watson Buffalo NY.

Chadd

(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

To be exact on the plate its RUSSELL & WATSON BUFFALO NY

Chadd

Yes, I found them they made Nautical Items, can you tell me the size of this? I am just trying to find how , what , where , when they made this.

Glenda

Hello

Can you tell me , does that little thing on the front, the flap looking thing open up? Does the lid lift off by that handle on top? What are the rod looking things on the sides?

Glenda,

Did you receive the additional pictures of the catalog book?

Chadd

No, just the container.
I sent additional pictures to the same email address with a catalogue from 1894 - 1895 and there's a picture of this urn in it

I only got the three of the Water Urn.

Glenda

Glenda,

Ok.. I will resend to the email address again... i'm not sure if you received the answer about measurements... as well as the flap and rods on the sides.... please confirm if you did or did not.

Are you allowed to call me? That may be easier...

(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

No, I did not receive the measurments or about the rods. And personal phone numbers are x'd out on my end. Just don't respond to any emails from Just Answer they will not get to me, we can only correspond in this message area. We are never sure what kind of emails customers get. But, you can resend the book to this email address.

Glenda

ok... from floor to lip 32" (just before lid). from floor to knob on lid 39". Diameter 15". The flip thing opens and it appears you poor hot water into it to heat the contents in the main cylinder such as coffee. The flip thing is labeled ULRICH BUFFALO 8. The rods are made of glass and they appear to be hot water pressure values or pressure releases... like a hot water heater in an old home.

Chadd

I found out what it is, it is a Restaurant Size Coffee Urn, circa: 1900 it is used to keep coffee and or tea hot. The one you have was made by Russell and Watson, made from nickle plating, with porcelain liner, they are estimated to sell on the secondary retail market for an average of 750.00-800.00, depending on the condition and where they are made at. Here is one that I found in not near as good a condition as yours is and they are asking 850.00 for it but, the average price is selling around the 750.00-800.00. This would make a very nice flower stand, take the top off, add a table like top and what a neat conversation piece.. Just an idea, when or if you decide to sell it, you might show it like that also.

They will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction.

Depending on condition and where it is for sale at the selling price may not bring the current fair market price.

If you are thinking of selling, I would check with your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country.

So be sure to check your local area. This will give you an idea of what it goes for in your area, then you can decide to sell locally or at one of the online markets.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me, if there is a problem with my answer please feel free contacting me before leaving a negative feedback, any problem can be resolved.

And if you would like to use me on any further questions. It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question , then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time.

I look forward to working with you again.

Please click accept if I have been of any help to you, (with no further expense to you)

We are only paid by Just Answer after you click accept. Otherwise we are not

compensated for our time.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Great day.

Glenda

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser