Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

ANTIQUES I HAVE A IVORY CIGARETTE HOLDER WHICH WAS GIVEN TO

ANTIQUES
I HAVE A IVORY CIGARETTE HOLDER WHICH WAS GIVEN TO ME IN 1956 BY A FRIEND IN NEW YORK. IT IS 4 INCHES LONG AND HAS CARVINGS ON SIDE. WE DID THE HOT PIN TEST AND IT IS NOT PLASTIC. IS IT LEGAL TO SELL IVORY IN US? HOW CAN I TELL IF IT IS MARINE

Good Morning

These Vintage Cigarette Holders are currently valued on the secondary retail market ( cost replacement ) for an average of 125.00-150.00 depending on where they are for sale at. It is legal to sell vintage Ivory, it is sold all the time on Ebay and other online sites. The only way to tell if your Ivory is Marine or not is to take it to a Jeweler who sells Ivory Items they may be able to verify if it is Marine or not. As far as I can find there is no test to determine if Ivory is Marine or not , only that it is Ivory. There may be characteristics a Jeweler sees under a scope to determine the origin. If you are thinking of selling you may want to list this on Ebay where they have a world wide market. You can check previous sells prior to listing to get an idea of what they currently sell for before you list. You can do so by do a search of completed auctions ( on the left of the page ).

They will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction.

Depending on condition and where it is for sale at the selling price may not bring the valued ( worth ) price.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me. And if you would like to use me on any further questions.

It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question , then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time.

I Look forward to working with you again.

Please click accept if I have been of any help to you, (with no further expense to you)

We are only paid by Just Answer after you click accept. Otherwise we are not

compensated for our time.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Great day.

Glenda