How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Glenda B. Your Own Question
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Category: Antiques
Satisfied Customers: 24991
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Type Your Antiques Question Here...
Glenda B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an antique gentlemans wardrobe cabinet that when you

Resolved Question:

I have an antique gentleman's wardrobe cabinet that when you open the two doors the inside comes out with metal brackets to hang your suits and has 2 small drawers for things and an opening in the floor for other things. Where can I find info on this?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 6 years ago.


Can you possibly send a picture of this, and what kind of information are you wanting on this?



It helps to value items if we can get a visual image of the item, if possible can you send a picture. There seems to be a conflict with sending a picture from your phone, so please upload them to your computer first if you can. Please include pictures of the back of the items. I will get back with you as soon as I do some research on this.
Here are instructions for sending several ways, be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
in jpeg form, no larger then 1 mb.

4 x 6 inch works best .

When you upload the picture you will be able to see it in this message box before you send it to me. If you are using a MAC then you will need to used TinyPic!!!

This is very easy if you take it step by step!

You can send a photo to me , in this message box, you will see at the top the little paper clip, click on that
then click on browse, another box will open up,

then click on browse in that box, this will take you to your photos on your computer,

you click on the one you want to send , then click on the picture ,

then click open, this will put it in the second box you opened,

then click ok, then you are back to the first box click on insert.

The picture will show up in the message area before you send it to me, you should be able to see it.

You can see step by step instructions on this you tube video by clicking this link: if you cannot open it clicking on this, then copy and paste to your browser. ]

TinyPic is a good place to upload photos. You do have to have the images saved on your computer, but you can upload photos without having to register or give them any information.
1) Go to
2) The first thing you'll see is an upload page.
3) Click on "Browse".
4) Choose the image you want to upload.
5) Make sure the file type chosen is "Image".
6) In the "Resize" box, choose either "Website/Email" or "Message Board".
7) Click "Upload Now".You'll see a verification box pop up.
Just type in the words it shows and click "upload now". It might take a few minutes to upload.
Once it does, you'll be given 4 different viewing options.Just copy either the addresses in the "URL for E-Mail & IM" or "Direct Link for Layouts" and paste the link into the message box.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 6 years ago.


This Warbrobe is currently valued on the retail market for an average of 1800.00-2000.00 depending on where it is for sale at. They will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction.


If you are thinking of selling, I would check with your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country.


So be sure to check your local area. This will give you an idea of what it goes for in your area, then you can decide to sell locally or at one of the online markets.


If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me. And if you would like to use me on any further questions.


It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question , then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time.


I Look forward to working with you again.


Please click accept if I have been of any help to you, (with no further expense to you)

We are only paid by Just Answer after you click accept. Otherwise we are not

compensated for our time.


Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Great day.


Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Glenda B.,


I would like to get more info on this gentleman's wardrobe. Where made, by who, any other info for me to be able to talk to someone about with reasonable facts and info. I am open to paying more for all info you can provide regarding this wardrobe.

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 6 years ago.


This appears to be an English Tudor Style Gentleman's Wardrobe , the wood is Walnut, ( from what I an tell by the picture) , It was made in the late 1800's to very early 1900's. I cannot say who made this without a makers mark there were hundreds of English furniture makers during this time. It was made during the Victorian Era, when there was not one dominant style of furniture.

Hope this gives you a little more information. If you can add to this where you got it , antique shop , auction etc. Then you pretty much have complete information on this. If you did get it from auction or antique shop it could very well have been shipped here purchased by antique dealers for selling in the US, or it could have been brought here by an immagrant.


Glenda B. and 4 other Antiques Specialists are ready to help you