Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Bachelor of Arts Degree (summa cum laude); 10+ years exp.
48688175

I HAVE A PLATTER WITH THE NAME CLINCHFIELD CHINA WARE ON THE

I HAVE A PLATTER WITH THE NAME CLINCHFIELD CHINA WARE ON THE BACK. IT HAS A CROWN ON TOP AND SPI IN THE MIDDLE AND 1-24 UNDERNEATH THE CIRCLE. CAN YOU TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT THIS PIECE?
Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer.

That's an old piece.

Do you think you can send me a picture of your pattern or, if not, describe what your platter looks like? I want to make sure I get the proper value for you.

If you want to try and send a picture, here are some tips:

1. You can send a photo to me in this message box. A 4x6 inch pictures work great.

In this message box, you will see a little paper clip at the top. Click it.

Then click on browse and another box will open up. Click on browse in that box. This will take you to the photos on your computer.

Click on the one you want to send. Double click on the image.

You'll be taken back to the upload box. Click OK. You'll be taken back to your original box.

Click Insert and you should be able to see the picture in the message area before you send it to me.

____________________________________________________________________________________

If you have trouble with that method, here's another way that we have great results with.

1) Go to www.tinypic.com
2) The first thing you'll see is an upload page.
3) Click on "Browse".
4) Choose the image you want to upload.
5) Make sure the file type chosen is "Image".
6) In the "Resize" box, leave it as "default".
7) Click "Upload Now".

You'll see a verification box pop up. Just type in the words it shows and click "upload now". It might take a few minutes to upload.

Once it does, you'll be given 4 different viewing options.

Just copy either the addresses in the "URL for E-Mail & IM" and paste the link into the message box.

It should look something like this: http://tinypic.com/r/2myuh/7

Don't hesitate to let me know if you need any help.

Thanks,
~Diana
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I CAN NOT SEND A PICTURE. IT IS AN OVAL PLATTER, OFF WHITE IN COLOR. THERE IS A PLATE LIKE IT IN THE TEXAS ALAMO.
That's okay. Thanks for the extra info.

Clinchfield goes as far back as 1916 when the Clinchfield, Carolina, and Ohio Railroads conceived the idea of constructing a pottery to promote industrial development. Erwin, Tennessee was chosen for the Clinchfield factory. In 1920, the company was rebranded with the name Southern Potteries. The earliest pieces carried the crown mark. Most of the patterns were created by creating blank dishes, applying decals, and then refiring them.

Your platter dates from 1917 to 1920. The platter has a current market value in the range of $150 to $175.

If you are thinking about selling it, keep in mind that prices will vary a bit depending on the condition of your pieces and where you try to it. Online markets (like Ebay) and auctions tend to go for far less.

I'm not sure where you're located, but I would check with your local antique shops. Local shops will often either buy your items or let you sell on consignment (taking a percentage of the selling price).

You can try listing yourself on places like Rubylane or Tias. You can also try listing it someplace like EbayClassifieds. They're currently free and reach a pretty wide audience. So, you have nothing to lose by trying them out.

If I can be of any further help, don't hesitate to contact me. Please click accept if I have been of any help, since this is the only way we are compensated by JA.

Thanks and have a great weekend,
Diana