Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

What is the value of a antique tiffany lamp shade that has a…

Customer Question
what is the value of...
what is the value of a antique tiffany lamp shade that has a couple of cracks and broken end pieces that have been glued back into place leaving the cracks and areas that were broken and glued still noticable. What exactly does this do to the value and what may the value of the lamp be. It is the lamp shade with the base so all included along with the cracks that we are questioning. Please help....
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/27/2011
Antique Expert: Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 6 years ago
Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with this question. Are the shade and the base signed "Tiffany"?
Where would they be signed at exactly?
Signatures on shades are etched in. You should examine every inch of the glass with a magnifier to determine if it is signed. The base may also have an etched signature, near the bottom.
If it happens to be signed, what may the value of this lamp be?
Relist: I still need help.
Sorry for the delay. I was out of town when you responded.

A signed Tiffany lamp in excellent condition has a current retail (replacement) price range of approximately $50,000 to $100,000. A Tiffany-style lamp in excllent conition, can sell for between $200 and $500.

In the condition you described, and visible in your picture, the current retail (replacement) value of the lamp, if it is signed, is approximately $10,000. If it is a Tiffany-type lamp in this condition, its value is approximately $100.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you. Please click "Accept", as that is the way I am compensated by JA for my service to you. Clicking "Accept" will not result in any additional cost to you. Feedback is welcome, and bonuses are appreciated. Thanks for using Just Answer!