Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Bachelor of Arts Degree (summa cum laude); 10+ years exp.
48688175

Ihave anold camera. A Franka Solida1. It is in a leather case

Ihave anold camera. A Franka Solida1. It is in a leather case marked Made in Germany- US Zone. It has been with me for about 40years and Ican't recall ever using it. It seems in good enough condition. Can anyone advise me on it's value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Diana F. replied 6 years ago.
Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer.

These old cameras were made in Germany during the US occupation after the war. They're great old medium format cameras.

You can typically find them in the range $30 to $50.

Your price will depend on the condition of your camera and where you try to sell it. I would check with hobby shops and camera stores first. You generally can do better in price if you sell locally rather than hitting online markets, like Ebay. You can also try putting an ad in your local craigslist or advertise at a college (in the art dept). A lot of art students are big collectors of vintage cameras. (I speak from experience on that). Smile

If I can be of any further help, don't hesitate to contact me. Please click accept (at no further cost to you) if I have been of any help, since this is the only way we are compensated by JA.

Thanks and have a great day,
Diana