Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a picture of a hunting dog with a rabbitt in its mouth

Customer Question
that I believe is a...
I have a picture of a hunting dog with a rabbitt in its mouth that I believe is a print the dog is raised surface what could this be
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Antiques
4/25/2011
Antique Expert: Diane in PA, Appraiser replied 6 years ago
Diane in PA
Diane in PA, Appraiser

Diane in PA :

Hello, and welcome to Just Answer! My name is Diane. I believe I can help you with your art today but first I will need some more information:

It would be most helpful to both of us if you could upload a couple of photos for me. I will need the following:

1. one of the main piece of art
2. one good, clear, sharp one of the artist signature

Diane in PA :

• What is the size?

Diane in PA :

Condition? (fading, brittleness, paper toning, water stains, creases, etc)

Any idea of the age?

Any history on it? (such as how long you've had it and who had it before you, etc)

I assume this is colored as opposed to B&W?

Diane in PA :

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Instructions to upload photos:

First, try this. Go to the following link. It is a very short "video" with instructions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESFMEtpDkow&fmt=37

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Or, if you'd rather read the instructions:

** FIRST, be sure that your photos are NO larger than 1 mb (size "1,000). If so, they need to be resized, (made smaller). Otherwise the photos will not upload. **

Per the "Just Answer" Web site policy, I am not allowed to share my personal email address. (Anyone who does, makes the addresses read all "X's" on the Just Answer site.) So in order to upload pictures you need to upload them directly to this chat box.

1. At the top of this REPLY messages box (where you type your reply to me) is a "paperclip" icon. Click on this icon.
2. Click on the "Browse" button you see in the new window.
3. Another box will pop up. Click "browse" on that as well.
3. Locate the address of your photo on your computer.
4. Select that photo address and DOUBLE-CLICK so that the address of your photo enters into the empty box (called the 'field').
5. Click the Insert button.
6. Click the Insert button again (on the second pop-up).
7. DONE!
8. Your photo should now show in the REPLY area of our messages.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Per the "Just Answer" Web site policy, I am not allowed to share my personal email address.

In order to upload pictures you need to upload them directly to this chat box.

** PLEASE be sure that your photos are NO larger than 1 mb If so, they need to be resized, (made smaller). Otherwise the photos will not upload. **

+++++++++++++++++++

I will give you some time to do this. I'll check back later this evening for your reply. Thank you for your patience while I help other customers with their items as well. - Diane in PA

Diane in PA :

++++++++++++++

Hello. I am still here to help you with your question if you can supply me with the information I requested above (although certainly no rush). Thank you. - "Diane in PA"

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

The measurements are 21x32

Customer:

please find information you ask for

Diane in PA :

Hello, nice picture. Do you think there is a possibility that this could be pressed tin?

Customer:

no it seems to be a paper of some sorts

Diane in PA :

If it feels more 'paper-ish' it's very possible it is papier mache'.

Customer:

so what do I have and does it have an value and how od is it

Diane in PA :

There looks to be a little bit of wear on the frame so if someone bought it they would probably want to replace the frame, which is an added expense. If it is thick embossed (a.k.a. "relief") paper or papier mache' it would probably be from the 1940's or 1950's. It is a nice size in a beautiful style. A small game hunter would probably pay between $50 (low end, or "quick sale") and $125 (high retail, or if you 'hold out' for the right buyer).

+++++++++++++++++

I hope I have been both helpful and timely in answering your question. ;-)

Please click "Accept" if I have been of any assistance to you. I am only paid for my time and effort when you click the green "Accept" button. I would appreciate if you would leave me positive feedback and bonuses are welcomed. Thanks again. If you ever need help with another antique, old book, art, etc. and would like to request me, please bookmark the following link and type your new question into the white box on my profile page: http://www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-diane-mcelhaney/

Thank you.

Diane in PA
Diane in PA, Appraiser
Diane in PA
Diane in PA
Diane in PA, Appraiser