Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have an Asus p1810 all-in-one the tablet won't boot. I

Customer Question

Hi. I have an Asus p1810 all-in-one the tablet won't boot.
JA: Have you done a hard reset on your device by holding down the power button until it vibrates or beeps?
Customer: I have tried holding the sound key in sound down and holding power button
JA: Has there been any recent damage to your device (e.g. from dropping it or getting it wet)?
Customer: No damage at all. It works fine in PC mode
JA: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Android Expert, I'll connect you shortly.
Customer: Thanks
JA: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: can I send an image of what I see on screen right now?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have added a shot of the screen during reboot
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is after Sound button down and Power down held together
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is anything happening there? I have been waiting for nearly 2 hours with no response, not even a "we're working on it" . This service sucks.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your Asus . I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Remove the charger from the unit and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Asus.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Richard. I have done a power reset several times as basic fix. What i get is us a blank screen because it is not rebooting. I can see the screen is working because it has a faint grey glow. This is an Asus vivio all in one so the screen can switch between tablet an pc mode. In pc mode it works fine. When I do a sound button down and power button reset i get the screen which I posted with my question. This screen gives the error Android cardhu-user bootloader <1.00e> key driver not found. And shows the RCK android and clear data icons. I can move between icons using sound up and down but cannot select any of them using power button. This is where I'm up to and can't get past here can you help?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Power it off

Hold the volume UP and power buttons until you see a menu

Tell me if you can get to this please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Richard. I have tried the Sound up Power buttons reset a few times. All I get is a dialogue to say it is operating in pad mode but no menu.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
After the dialogue adv ising pad mode the dialogue disappears and nothing more happens the tablet does not start up.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thanks

It is the internal memory that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you