Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I just lost hundreds of contacts on my phone due to having a…

Customer Question
I just lost hundreds...

I just lost hundreds of contacts on my phone due to having a hard factory reset. Now I can't get my phone to work as it's asking me a lot of google log in shit that I don't remember or not know what's needed.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your phone?

I can't do nothing with my phone... i'm very angry

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, tablet, etc.) connecting to the router?

It says....This device was factory reset...To continue, sign in with a Google Account that was previously synced to this device

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Why is my phone needing google info to work...total shit

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Android Devices
5/2/2018
Android Device Expert: Kristen Van Laere, Technician replied 20 days ago
Kristen Van Laere
Kristen Van Laere, Technician

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

Hi, I would be very angry too. That just stinks that you have had this happen, I am sorry that you are going through this with your phone. Let's see if I can help you get back up and working.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I had to reset my phone, and now it's asking me for account verification...I don't know which accounts are synced or registered to my phone...alsoI tried a few different emails, and it tells me it can't connect because of an error, but doesn't tell me what the error is...such bullshit...
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
i would love to talk on the phone as i hate typing...but not if it's going to cost me.

Yes, sorry about that....talking is a premuim service. So, let's try to fix this via chat. I will do my best to help you, and make it easier for you.

What brand is the phone? Samsung?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
yeah

Okay, on the screen asking for your account, do you "Need help finding your account?"

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
i f**king hate this google verification...i'm trying to find a way to bypass this as i have many email accounts, and not sure which was ever used.

What happens if you click on it?

I understand, I have a hard time too. As I have a yahoo, gmail, hotmail, 0365 etc.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
anyway...thanks for your concern, but it doesn't seem like you have any solutions

Did you click on the link? I have been researching this, what model is your phone? How old/new is it? It seems there are some hacks that you can try to get around this issue? But, it all depends on the model, age, and Operating system on your phone.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
no idea what link you're talking about...My phone is galaxy A5

Okay, I am looking up info on that specific phone.

In the meantime, I found this on the Samsung web site. I know its a pain, but it might be worth a shot. How many google accounts do you have?

If you have multiple Google Accounts, and you can't remember which Google Account you set up on your device, visit https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager.
Log in with your Google username and password ***** check the list of devices registered to the account. If you don't see the device listed on the account, it means the device is registered to a different account. Use the same process to check for devices linked to your other Google Accounts. When you find the registered account, use it to log in to your device.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
that link doesn't work

Okay, I think this website will help you out. However, the process will seem a little over the top. However, after reading it, and reviewing it, I believe it will work. Do you have access to a computer? If this is to much for you to do, perhaps you have a friend that can assist? Let me know what you think of this "fix".

I found the following here: http://www.shoutpedia.com/bypass-google-account-galaxy-j5/

DO NOT CLICK ON ANY BUTTONS ON THIS SITE. PLEASE JUST READ IT AND SCROLL UP/DOWN THE PAGE.

How I removed Google Account FRP on Samsung Galaxy J5 (6)

Posted in: Google & Android

If you have forgotten Gmail ID after factory reset on Samsung J5 or on any Galaxy phone running on the latest Android 6.0.1 version, you can use this 100% working method which I used to bypass FRP. It was really a new experiment on the Android platform after a long time.

Please note. If this method doesn’t work for you then try the new simpler and easier method to use your own gmail account after performing a hard reset on your Samsung device.

A few days ago, one of my friends came to me and asked that he had got a gift, Samsung Galaxy J5 (6) 2016, from his younger brother who recently returned from UAE. It was locked with a pattern. He told me that his brother had forgotten the pattern.

I grabbed the phone and told him that after giving a hard reset, the pattern lock would be removed but you would lose all the data on your device.

He nodded at me to do so. I reset the device after going into recovery mode. When it restarted, I gave it back to him and told him he could then perform the initial step-up process after connecting to the WiFi.

A few hours later, he and his brother, both, came to me with the same Galaxy J5 (6) model packed in the original box and told me that it was now asking for a Google account. (The original box confirmed me that the phone was neither stolen nor found left in a taxi. :)

I opened the phone and it was actually stuck at Google account. I tried my own email and password, but it always asked for the owner’s account.

I asked his brother what email he used the very first time on this phone. I said he had forgotten the ID too.

I am using Apple devices for quite some time and never looked back to android. I even stopped following the android related news. So, I was really surprised to see that Google is also using Apple’s iCloud like feature on its Android phones.

I took the phone and asked to give me 24 hours to remove this restriction.

I assumed that I would find a solution within 10-20 minutes on the internet to bypass this feature, after all, it is not Apple’s iOS, it’s android.

But my all excitement vanished when I came to know that it was not that easy.

I googled and googled but every time I came up with some shitty sites containing some old tutorials which never turned fruitful.

Then I decided to surf Youtube. But all the methods were old.

Google had patched all the loopholes in Android 6.0.1. And unfortunately, this model J510F of Samsung J5 was running on the latest version of Android.

Neither the SideSync method worked, nor the text-sharing method worked. I couldn’t find any previous Android 5 version for this model to downgrade it and then apply any working hack on it.

After surfing and surfing, I came to know that Rootjunky has found a flaw in the Galaxy S7 on Android 6.0.1. Here is the video of his hack.

I was really excited to know about this method. Finally, I decided to give a try to this it, but differently.

The original idea behind this guide is taken from this method, but I have managed to modify it according to my own style.

If you want to give a try to the Rootjunky method, follow the steps in the above video. But if you want to go through my way of bypassing FRP, then continue reading on.

This whole process can be divided into four parts.

1) Factory Reset Phone using Recovery Mode.
2) Invoking Google Chrome using a software
3) Installing and Using QuickShortCut Maker app.
4) Adding own Google account and Reboot.

The first part is very well known to almost all android users. In the second part, we use RealTerm debugging software to make the phone dial a number. When the phone dials the number, we get access to Google Chrome browser.

Once we have got access to Chrome, we can now install an application to remove the Google account. This process is covered in part three. It is similar to the SideSync method which is very popular on Youtube, but that doesn’t work on android 6.0.1, the latest version.

In the last part of this guide, we run that special app, add our own account and reboot the phone.

This method of bypassing Google account should work on all the Galaxy models including Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Active, S6 Edge+, Note5, S7, S7 Edge, S7 Active, J5, J7 etc running on the latest Android 6.0.1.

Before you go to the step by step guide, make it sure you have fulfilled the following requirements.

• Have you downloaded RealTerm software on your Windows PC? It is free to download and use.
  • Leave the SIM card in the phone. There should be enough balance in your mobile account to make a 2-minute call to any local number.
  • If you have a second working phone, it is better so that you can disconnect the call and you don’t lose your balance.

Part 1: Perform a Factory Reset on Samsung Galaxy J5 (6)

First of all, you should perform a hard reset to delete all the user-installed content and to wipe out any recently installed android updates on your phone.

For this purpose, turn off your phone. Now keep pressed the Volume Up and Home buttons simultaneously and then press the Power button. When the Samsung logo appears, release all three buttons.

You’ll be in Android Recovery mode. Using the Volume Up and Down keys, go to “Wipe data/factory reset” option and press power button.

The next screen will ask you select “Yes” or “No”. Select the yes.

Once the data wipe is complete, select the “Wipe cache partition” option and again choose “Yes” on the next screen to completely wipe the cache partition.

At the end of this step, reboot your system now.

Here is the video of this step. The credit of this video goes to GSM-ABC.

Part 2: Invoking Chrome App by Using RealTerm

When the galaxy phone restarts, you’ll see “Welcome” screen. Tap on “START” button to proceed.

On the next screen, select your WiFi connection.

If it is a dual SIM phone, the SIM Card Manager will ask you to select the preferred SIM card for voice calls and text messages. Tap on DONE to proceed further.

Accept the “Terms and Conditions” to the End User Licence Agreement.

The Android phone will check the connection and the software update. Let it do its work.

Now the concerned screen shows up which reads:

This device was reset, to continue sign in with a Google Account that was previously synced on this device.

This moment you are required to enter your Google Account details. If you know the initial Google account which you used at the time of the first run, you can add the details. And if you have forgotten the email or password, perform the following steps. And of course, you don’t remember the Gmail ID and password, that’s why you are here. Isn’t it so?

The next few steps will be performed on the computer. Connect your galaxy phone to the PC using a USB cable.

After connecting your phone to Windows PC, open Device Manager. scroll down to the modems. There you’ll see the “Samsung Mobile USB Modem” Right click on it.

Now select Properties, go the “Modem” tab and note down the Port number. In our case it is COM4. (Note: we’ll need only the last digit).

The next step is to use “RealTerm: Serial Capture Program”. The main purpose of this program at this level is to send a command to the phone so that it makes a call to another number, as we have discussed above.

When you launch it, it will automatically select the appropriate port. If it doesn’t choose, simply enter the port number you found in above step and then click on “Change”.

These steps are almost same as we have seen in the Rootjunky’s video.

CTS and DSR status will be green when the connection is established.

Click on “Send” tab and enter this command in the very first box.

at+creg?\r\n

This command will check whether your phone is registered to a network and you are receiving the signals.

Click on “Send ASCII” button. If everything is right, you’ll get an OK message on the black screen.

If you don’t get OK message, it means your SIM is not registered with the network.

This problem usually occurs when you have not accepted the Terms and Conditions on your phone. The phone will get signals when you are at that stage where it asks for Google Account. If you just restarted your phone and tried this step, you won’t get the desired results.

Now enter this command in the same box and click on the same “Send ASCII” button to make a call to another number.

atd0300xxxxxx;\r\n

Here you’ll have to replace the “0300xxxxx” with your own local number. You don’t need to add country code with this number. Any local number which can pick up your call is sufficient. If you have another phone or a phone of your relative or friend, you can use that for this purpose.

Once the phone starts dialing the number, accept the call from the other phone, or wait until the user at the other end receives it.

As soon as the call is collected, you’ll see small two dots appearing below the green part of the dialer. Swipe to the left, and there you’ll see the icon of the internet. Tap on it and voila.

A new small window will pop out from the bottom asking you to “Complete action using either Chrome or Internet”. Tap on Chrome icon and the browser will show up. Now you can disconnect the call from another phone.

At this stage, you can also disconnect your phone from the PC.

The rest of the part is done on the phone. All you are required to have a stable WiFi connection.

Part 3: Installing QuickShortCutMaker app

If you have performed FRP bypassing in the past, the rest the of steps are same. If you are new to this process, keep on reading to find out how to remove Google Account from your Galaxy phone after reset.

I am not going to upload the screenshots of these Part 3 and 4. These are same as shown in the video at the end of this post. The only difference is we use RealTerm software to fire up Chrome while in the video they use SideSync method. SideSync method is now patched. If the QuickShortMaker app in the video shows limit exceeded, enter this address http://goo.gl/Zf3DJa to download the app. Other steps are same as shown in the video.

On your phone, tap on”Accept & Continue” option to run Chrome.

It will ask you “Set up Chrome”. Select “NO, THANK YOU” at the bottom left.

Enter this address in the Chrome search bar to download “QuickShortCutmaker” application.

http://goo.gl/Zf3DJa

This app is hosted on OnDrive. So, that page will open. Click on “com.sika524.android…” file and it will start downloading.

While phone downloads the file in the background, enter this address in the chrome address bar and tap “G0”

apps.samsung.com

When the page is open, scroll down a little bit. There you’ll see “Samsung Galaxy Apps” link. Tap on it.

If a page of terms and conditions appears, select Agree.

Now you are in Samsung Galaxy Apps store.

Tap on the SEARCH option at the very top and search for “ES File Explorer”.

Tap on download arrow.

If you don’t have Samsung Account, you can create it right there. It is very easy. If you already have an account, enter the credentials.

After the Sign In, you’ll be asked to either “Accept and Download” ES File Explore or cancel it. Of course, we will choose the first option.

When the download is complete, open the app.

During this installation or any time a pop-up may appear asking you to allow Google to regularly check device activity, it is better to decline this option.

Now open ES File Explore and then open Download folder.

If you see that there is a new version of ES File Explorer available, dismiss it.

Now tap on “com.sika524.android” app.

You’ll get this notice.

“Install blocked

For security, your phone is set to block installation of apps obtained from unknown sources.”

Tap on Settings, and turn on “Unknown sources” option.

Now install the app.

When it is installed, open it.

Part 4: Adding Own Google Account and Reboot

In the “Input keyword to filter” box, type “Google Account Manager”. When it appears at the top of the list, tap on the down arrow at the left side.

Now scroll down until you see “Type Email and Password” file. Tap on it and on the next screen tap on “Try”.

Please Note: If you don’t see Type Email andPassword ***** under Google Account Manager but see a strange Error file, don’t worry. Simply follow our this new and updated guide to get this function back.

A new screen will show up to reset the Password.

Tap on the three dots at the right upper corner. “Browser sign-in” option will pop out. Tap on it now.

Tap on Google on the notice box. Now enter your email address and password.

When you are signed in, you’ll go back to the Google Account Manager page.

Restart your phone, connect to WiFi, agree to the Terms and Conditions.

The phone will check the connection and software update. It may take a little bit longer time during these processes. Don’t panic and wait.

Soon you’ll see the “Account Added” page. Tap on next and start setting up your phone just like you did it in the first run.

The previous Google account has been successfully replaced with the newly added account.

Here are posting a video of SideSync method of getting access to Google chrome to elaborate the parts 3 and 4. Only the second part is different. In the video, he used SideSync method to fire up Chrome. But as Google has patched this hole in Android 6, we are using the new method. The other procedure is same in the video as we have discussed above. (via YouTube)

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I'm sorry Kristen...I don't have the patience to do all this....and there must be an easier way to bypass this f**king google....Anyway, I'm not going to take up any more of your time...take care, and thanks
Thanks for taking some time with me. I have done a lot of reading on this tonight. It really is a nasty mess that Google has done to their phone users. It seems they are trying to prevent theft. However, they are also hurting their loyal customers.
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer