Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I have a zenpad 10.1 z300m that came with Marshmallow. It…

Customer Question
I have a zenpad...

I have a zenpad 10.1 z300m that came with Marshmallow. It upgraded to Nougat and since then I can't format my SD card as internal storage. I know the procedure but that option to format as internal storage is going. Has the procedure changed? Is the option gone forever?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your ZenPad?

18 months

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your ZenPad?

Factory reset but the Nougat ui returned and if course the format method which now does not include the internal storage option

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Android Devices
4/3/2018
Android Device Expert: Michelle-Mod, Moderator replied 19 days ago
Michelle-Mod
Michelle-Mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Still waiting for an answer/solution
Android Device Expert: Harry, IT replied 19 days ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
the problem still exists and I still need help
Android Device Expert: Harry, IT replied 18 days ago

Have you tried to format it on a computer instead?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
format the sd card? Yes but when I put it back in the tablet it still views it as portable storage not internal storage.
Android Device Expert: Harry, IT replied 17 days ago

Have you tried using a different sdcard?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
2 more
Android Device Expert: Harry, IT replied 16 days ago

You cannot turn the SDcard into the internal storage -- You can make it an option to be the default save option

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
It worked as internal storage on marshmallow

Unfortunately, I do not see that as an option.

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Is it possible for me to downgrade back to Marshmallow
Android Device Expert: Harry, IT replied 15 days ago

Unfortunately, no.

Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer