Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

It's a RCA Viking pro tablet and it was passed on to me by a…

Customer Question
It's a RCA Viking...

It's a RCA Viking pro tablet and it was passed on to me by a family member that recently passed and do not have the email or password ***** it and tried resetting it a million times and got nowhere

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

How can I sync my email into the tablet in order to use it

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Android Devices
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/3/2018
Android Device Expert: Michelle-Mod, Moderator replied 20 days ago
Michelle-Mod
Michelle-Mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I do still need assistance
Android Device Expert: Richard, Android Specialist replied 20 days ago
Richard, Android Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the exact message on the screen you see please?

Thank you

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
It is asking me for the password ***** which I do not know
Android Device Expert: Richard, Android Specialist replied 18 days ago

Do you recall the gmail account you used on the tablet?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
It is***@******.***
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I don't know the recovery email or password
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
My uncle passed it down to me before he passed so I just know the email

If you try to use my link below to recover your password

https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

What exactly happens?

Please let me know

Thank you

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
It tells me to enter the last password ***** remember but I don't know the password ***** have access to that email

Try this please, when you need to enter the email, long press on the @ icon on the keyboard then click on Google Keyboard Settings when it appears
Then press on the three dots top right then help & feedback
Long press on some text then choose web search
Type in it Settings then press on the Settings App
Go to about tablet, tape on build number 7 times to unlock the developer options
Go to Developer Options then allow OEM unlocking
Reboot the tablet and check if it is now removed
Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
When I press on help and feedback, nothing happens

Restart the Tablet and try again please

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Ok I did

let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Still the same thing

Ok, you will not be able to unlock it sorry, you will need to take it into a store and they will then have to send it back to have it reset for you via the factory, it is the only way you can now unlock this.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Could I take it to best buy and have the geek squad reset it from the store?

They would need to send it in and have it reflashed, then it can be done.

But it has to be sent in to be flashed.

thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Android Specialist