Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

For a decade, I've been using an Android phone - Samsung S4…

Customer Question
For a decade, I've been...
For a decade, I've been using an Android phone - Samsung S4 until about a year ago, now an S7. My question is (and you may not be the right "expert" to advise me - but I have someone spying on my emails and texts...and I am wondering how that is happening. It has been a really long time since I have left my phone out of sight - so it isn't thru possession of my phone and constantly breaking my passcode...I don't believe. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can better protect my privacy on this device? It used to just be annoying now its a lot more.
Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Android Devices
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I have been waiting almost 4 hours for a response???
4/2/2018
Android Device Expert: Harry, IT replied 21 days ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I do

For emails, have you changed your password ***** or since you believe you are being spied on?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
It is email - but the most egregious trespassing has been in the realm of my text messaging and those type of conversations.
"Interesting" conversations tend to be quoted back to me as argument starters and this has been for YEARS. I change my screen password ***** frequently - at one point it was a fingerprint and nothing seems to "work".
Android Device Expert: Harry, IT replied 20 days ago

Did you change the Gmail password ***** is linked to your phone?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
It is the same password ***** on the computer. I have an icon to access Gmail on my phone, I don't sign in each time.And as I said - I am more concerned about text and Facebook related conversations than about email.
Android Device Expert: Harry, IT replied 19 days ago

Yes, I understand but your Android phone is linked through Google.

I would recommend changing the Google password ***** start

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Ok. How often do u think I
have to change passwords? It gets so cumbersome to remember all the passwords and changes of passwords....

You shouldn't need to change the password ***** than every 3-6 months

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Ok. So how do u think my conversations are getting hijacked...and is this the one "fix" u recommend?

I cannot tell you if they are being hijacked since you can see what is happening and I cannot but if you believe they are then I trust your judgement.

I would start with the password *****

Harry, IT