Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I am trying to activate my new cell phone ...a Samsung 9S…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to activate my new cell phone ...a Samsung 9S and when I get to the telephone numbers I get a "flag" for emergency only I am a lose as to how to activate. I only received this phone yesterday. Please help me to get on line and activate

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

Never I just received this phone

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Phone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

Now it says SIM is not provisioed

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

We received two phones yesterday and have been unable to get it completly on line so we can use it

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Android Devices
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/30/2018
Android Device Expert: ITPeter, Engineer replied 22 days ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Have you activated the phone yet?

Have you put a working SIM card in it?

If powered off, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until the Samsung logo appears then release. Tap the appropriate language then tap NEXT (located at the bottom). From the Phone Activation screen, tap NEXT or tap ACTIVATE NOW. Let me know if that works?

ITPeter
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer