Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I have aproblem with a kindel fire getting on line with a…

Customer Question
I have aproblem with...

I have aproblem with a kindel fire getting on line with a wyfi Iget connected to a hot spot oe wyfi and cant get on line

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

A kindel dosent have a web cable i have to use thewyfi

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

Wireless light

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I got connected beforeand used a web site now the kindle just says connected and if iuse the puldown and go to the web button it disconnects my connection

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Android Devices
3/17/2018
Android Device Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your WiFi connection question.

I think you should reset your connection on your Kindle.

But first, unplug the router from just the power.

Leave the router unplugged for 5 or 10 minutes or so.

Plug it in to power again; wait 2 or 3 minutes or longer.

Then try a reset of the connection, so that you have to set up the connection again, rather than using the old connection. (Ask for instructions if you need details on how to do this, and I will provide step-by-step instructions.) That should get it working again.

(Be careful to re-connect to your own router - which should have a very strong signal, being nearby - not another router of the same name or same SSID. The disconnection you report is typical, sometimes, of connecting to a 'foreign' router.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.