Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

My Samsung Galaxy Sky will not ring! I've gone thru turning…

Customer Question
My Samsung Galaxy Sky...

My Samsung Galaxy Sky will not ring! I've gone thru turning ringer volume up, checked do not disturb.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Galaxy?

Google (I'm 59 years old and don't understand lingo, please work with me)

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Galaxy? What have you tried so far?

I guess about 1.5 months. Tryed turning phone off overnight, turned ring volume up, gone thru settings and checked everything there, changed ringtones about 7 times.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Android Devices
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It won't ring on incoming calls. If I am on Twitter, it will appear that I have a call and I can answer the incoming call, if I'm not on the phone, it vibrate and light up, but it won't ring.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/16/2018
Android Device Expert: Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer replied 1 month ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

I am glad that you have eliminated the Do Not Disturb function, because that can sometimes be the reason that a smartphone will not ring. There is also a setting which you can access by swiping down from the top of the screen which you can tap on to change the call received mode from Ring to Vibrate and from vibrate to Silent. Do you know about that? Please make sure that it is set to Ring.

Hello. My name is Joel. I am sorry that you have been having difficulties. I can help you solve your problem. Do you still need assistance?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I swiped from top of phone to bottom and it do not go all the way to the bot***** *****ke you said. Is there something else I can do. My phone still do not ring on incoming calls.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I perfer not talking on the phone.

You the offer for a Live Telephone Call. It was automatic and did not come from me. I did not say that you could or should swipe all the way to the bottom. I just suggested that, if you swipe down from the top, it may reveal the Ring -> Vibrate -> silent toggle symbol. If your model does not have that shortcut, you can go to Settings > Sound &Vibration and make sure that it is not set for Vibrate or Silent (or Mute).

If you have any questions or have problems with this advice, please let me know so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. My goal is to provide you with the best possible customer service. If you are satisfied with my advice, please take a moment to rate my services.

Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer