Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

ACER tablet ~ Acer-Iconia B3-A40. B3-A40 - model A7001. Re-

ACER tablet ~ Acer-Iconia...

ACER tablet ~ Acer-Iconia B3-A40

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your Acer tablet?

B3-A40 - model A7001

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Acer tablet?

Re- boot

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

After a system update, the restarted tablet display reads: Finishing boot - and that's as far as it goes.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've tried RESTART - no effect - same message on screen: Finishing boot
I've tried Shut-Down and waiting an hour and/or a day - no effect - same message on screen: Finishing boot
I've tried shutting down and then doing the On/Off + Volume UP at the same time. That just restarts the taablet and then gives me the same message
If the tablet is attached to the charger - it will sit there with: Finishing boot message infedinately
If the tablet is running on battery - I will get that message until the battery dies.
3/12/2018
Richard, Android Specialist

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the tablet and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the unit

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
On/Off button held down for 60 seconds.
Connect the charger cord
Press On/Off button - and the tablet RESTARTS...................and I get the: Finishing boot message in the middle of the screen. !
ie: EXACTLY as before. !

Thanks

Please power it off.

Then hold the Volume up and power buttons for 10 seconds till you get to a menu.

Are you able to get to this menu?

Please let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Typing is fine. It gives me a chance to follow instruction(s)

Thanks

Please power it off.

Are you able to get to this menu?

Please let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Power OFF, then
Power ON "AND" Volume UP button at the same time - for 10 seconds. The result, tablet re-starts as before and goes to: ***** ***** message

Thanks

It is the internal memory that has faulted in the unit, this now confirms it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank YOU. ! That's sort of what I feel is the right answer. Now I will contact ACER for instructions on return. ( YES - the Tablet was only bought at the end of July and so, is only 8 months into a 12 month warranty.
Thank YOU for your efforts

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Android Specialist
Richard, Android Specialist