Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I have a Samsung Galaxy 7 cell phone that rings a single…

I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung Galaxy 7 cell phone that rings a single ring every two minutes. I have checked all my notifications, and that is not the cause. I like to use my phone as an Alarm clock in the morning, but this irritating ring makes that dificult.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Galaxy?

Please tell me how to find out the Operating System

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Galaxy? What have you tried so far?

It has been ringing like this for a few months. I have checked all my notifications but that is not the cause. I have given the pone to others who are more technical, and that did not help.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

If you could connect with my phone and take care of this problem ring, that would be great.

3/13/2018
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Harry,So sorry that it took so long for my response. The computer was shut down for the night when you emailed me. Yes, my Samsung phonejohn

What does the ring sound like?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry, I was down at lunch. The ring sounds like the same ring for any call, except that it just rings once,
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
HarryI just received a pop up saying that you responded. I cannot find it.

Does it happen every couple of minutes all day long?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I had given up on Answer it, and I had some major health problems. The rind happens every two minutes all day long. I turn it down to vibrate, and I miss some calls because of that.

Would you like to continue or cancel?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would like to continue. he ring is not just a nuisance, but also leads to missed calls.

Have you tried a factory reset?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. How do I go about that? I am in a wheelchair, and if I have moved to my life chair, I don't get back to my desk too quickly.
  1. From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings > Backup and reset (Personal section).
    These instructions apply to Standard mode only.
  2. From the Reset section, tap Factory data reset.
    If troubleshooting third-party apps, turn off the Automatic restore option.
  3. Tap RESET PHONE.
    If presented, enter the current passcode or draw the unlock pattern.
  4. Tap DELETE ALL to confirm.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
will I lose all my contactgs?

Yes, if you do not back it up first.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks very much, Harry. I will get going on this.

You're welcome!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, IT
Harry, IT