Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I cant remember 4 digit pin code for my LG K20 phone. Is…

I cant remember 4...

I cant remember 4 digit pin code for my LG K20 phone. Is there a way to unlock the screen without losing my data (contacts, Text Messages< pictures...)

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

About two weeks ago...screen been locked because forgot pin i changed to and ive been trying to remember it

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

I havent because all info i found on line and from AT& T my carrier said factory reset would cause loss of all data...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No. just want to unlock screen without data loss thanks

3/11/2018
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my screen on LG K20 is locked because i changed PIN code a few weeks back and cant remember. I want to unlock my phone and not lose contacts texts and photos...etc

Unfortunately, that is not possible. You will need to perform a factory reset

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i cant call you. my phone is locked. please discuss here

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how do i do that?
  1. Back up data on the internal memory.
  2. Turn off the device.
  3. Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
  4. When the LG logo appears, quickly release and then re-hold the Power button while continuing to hold the Volume down button.
  5. 'Factory data reset' appears.
  6. Use the Volume down button to highlight Yes.
  7. Press the Power button to confirm.
  8. Erase all user data and restore default settings' appears.
  9. Use the Volume down button to highlight Yes.
  10. Press the Power button to reset the device
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how do i back up data is screen is locked???

I apologize, you will need to start with step 2.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
are you sure there is no way to keep contacts texts photos? there should be some way...

Yes, I am positive.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thanks. ill try a bit more to remember my code before i do factory rest. thanks.

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok. I just cant understand why there isn't a way to keep texts and contacts and photos...
It seems that there should be a way to retain data...I am sure I am not the first person encountering this issue.
If I had a memory card would that have changed anything?

You are not the first person to experience this and unfortunately, I deal with this type of issue daily (around 50-100 times) for the past 10+ years and the answer is always the same: you cannot bypass the screen to backup the data.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for the 5 Star service... I don't blame you for having to be the bearer of bad news.
Thanks for your help. God bless you.
If you pray, please pray I can remember my Pin in next few hours so I don't have to reset! :)

You're welcome!

Please use the actual 5 star rating at the top then press Submit

Harry, IT
Harry, IT