Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I need technical support and they have asked for my pin

Customer Question
I need technical support...

I need technical support and they have asked for my pin number - I don't recall having a pin number.Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

I am working from my laptop. Can't remember a pin number. I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy A5 last night. The sales person transferred all my photos, etc. over to my new phone, however when they asked me for my gmail account password, it didn't accept the same password ***** I have on this laptop. I am not savvy with technical areas about phones, so it looks like I changed it on my phone to another password ***** I can't get any of my emails from my old phone. Help!

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

Not at this time. Not on the laptop or the phone.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I may have but not sure. Do you mean to reset my password ***** the new phone. I can open and see all my emails on gmail.com on my laptop.

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I didn't really get support from the sales person at the kiosk at Costco where I bought my phone so maybe he or she can help me retrieve my info. Thank you.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Android Devices
3/10/2018
Android Device Expert: Harry, IT replied 3 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

No I don't need further assistance with my problem. Thanks