Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

My Nokia phone will not move from login screen, in airplane…

Thank you. ***** phone...

Thank you. ***** phone will not move from login screen, in airplane mode, please help.

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your Nokia phone?

Sometime before noon today.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Phone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

I have not, the agent at AT&T store advised all data and content would be lost if that was tried.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

THe phone is also voice responding with "double click on (whatever I'm trying) to activate" but nothing happens.

3/10/2018
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
PLEASE! Thank you.

Please hold down the power button for 20 seconds without releasing

After the restart, check to see if you still have the issue.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The cell phone in question is my only phone. I will need to write your instructions and follow them after phone call.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Held button for 20 seconds, problem still exists after start up.

Unfortunately, the next step would be a factory reset.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please advise how to save my contacts.

It is not possible if you cannot access your phone

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When I remove the battery and replace,I have access to the regular login screen. It will not allow me to scroll down to "Settings" to turn off Find My Phone. Suggestion?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, thank you for your assistance. I think I will go to the AT&T store for a new phone since I'm going to lose data anyway.
Again, thank you!Brenda Mobley

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, IT
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I understand, thank you. Have a great remainder of the weekend.
Harry, IT