Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

When I ,press the sites on top of my Kindle Fireit just

Customer Question
When I ,press the...

When I ,press the sites on top of my Kindle Fireit just stays therenot any respond to me tapping them?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I was reading a book last night and when I finished I wanted to go online and that is when it stopped.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, a week ago my emails stopped showing on my Kindle Fire also.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Android Devices
2/14/2018
Android Device Expert: Aric, Technician replied 4 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?