Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

Need help setting up ANDROID app. I want to install Torque…

Need help setting up ANDROID...
Need help setting up ANDROID app. I want to install Torque app, and import some files called PIDs which are spreadsheet formulas to generate Information Displays on the program. I have Torque installed on my android, and the Author says I need to use a File Manager like X-Plore to load a CSV table into the Torque application. I do not know how to make that happen. The PIDs in the table will let me see voltage in each of the 14 cells in the High Voltage battery on my Prius. An added feature is the ability to graph these voltages as stacked line chart, and see if they are clustered around one value, and if under load they diverge. I probably need help making that graph happen as well. I also do not know how to use the split screen function on my android tablet Galaxy Tab A 10.1 running Android version 7. I did install bothe Torque and X-plore, and both work. The torque app does talk to my Prius, and show engine speed, temp and others. I need to add the functionality of monitoring the voltages of all 14 modules in my HV battery, which are functions included in the download - described in red as gen2 prius download at this site https://axleaddict.com/auto-repair/Using-Torque-With-A-Toyota-Prius-Using-An-ELM327-Adapter-ScanGauge-Alternative . Here is a site with instructions for adding PIDs to Torque Log analyzer http://torqueloganalyzer.blogspot.it/2014/01/loading-custom-pids-on-torque.html . Here is that referenced CSV table that I need to load as a plugin to the Torque program https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8xG59QDgvQ3OEl1dnBqSkxNRTg/view?pli=1 . I will need help in understanding how to move it from storage ( I think I put it on SD card - into the correct Torque folder. Perhaps you can also help move stuff from my Android storage to the SD card. You can suggest how much would be appropriate cost to give me the detailed assistance I require. If more is required, I can put it in your tip, or ask another question. Thanks Jim
Are yu going to be able to help me? If not, do you have to release my question for someone else to respond. I really need to implement this in the next 48 hours, and am concerned. The last time my friend used Just Answer someone said he was on the case, but just left him hanging, and said he had referred it to someone else. If you really are an android expert with 3,000 questions under your belt, then I trust you really can help - if you have the time. Please let me know when you plan to respond.
thanks jim
1/16/2018
Ronald Brock

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today with your question. I apologize for the delay in someone getting to your question, but I am going to try to answer it to the best of my abilities.

As for your first question, if you have the CSV file downloaded to your phone, there should be a way to either select the file from your phone within the app itself to direct it to the correct location. if not, then you will need to find the app called my files and navigate to your downloads folder, find the file you need and select it, there should be a copy selection in either a button with 3 dots ( ... ) or press and hold the file and it will bring up the option to copy. then you can find the folder that it should be in and paste it into that folder within the same app.

as for the split screen, if you hold the app switcher window button, located near the home button, it should give you the option to split screen the tablet, however, it will not work with all apps so you will just have to try it to see if that option is available.

I seem to have the csv table captured, and at least in the torque envelope - the parameters it will monitor are depicted in picture 3 and 4. I do not know how to make torque program display the data (voltage levels for each of the 14 blocks) EITHER INDIVIDUALLY, OR PLOTTED AS A GROUP. I am attaching a word document with pictures of the resources I discovered online, with URLs, and photos of my android running Torque app. I have one user who plotted the indivicual cells, and another who just displays each cell - where you can see how closely matched the cells are. Can you help me locate and display voltages for each cell?

I have not received any files or links if you have sent them over to me.

also could you please provide me with the make and model of your vehicle so i can troubleshoot that as well.

thanks!

Ron, I tried to attach files 3 times yesterday, and did not see clear evidence it worked - thus here is a dropbox link to a word document that has all the links and images. https://www.dropbox.com/s/n3iqw844w04xcwj/THIS%20IS%20MY%20GOAL%20%E2%80%93%20ILLUSTRATED.docx?dl=0My car is a gen 2 toyota prius, 2008. It has 193,000 miles, and my previous prius battery failed at 199,000. thus I need to peer in the window of battery health. The best would be to chart the battery over a couple minutes while I drain, then recharge the battery by running the gas engine. I then see how the cells cluster for voltage (ie all 15.1 to 15.3v), then as they discharge a bad battery will show weak cells sagging (ie 14.2 to 15.0). I can do the same manually if I can get a snapshot of the voltage of each cell, as pictured in the word document. I can get a snapshot charged and another discharged.I will send this now -(I have to run out to a doctor), but will also try to add the file, and send it separately on this site.
thanks Jim
Ron, were you able to get my dropbox version of the file "THIS IS MY GOAL"? I was unable to attach it to the last transmission using the +Add files next to the send button on this site. It does not seem to load.

I was able to open your Dropbox file. Please allow me some time to look at the information and see what I can come up with. I promise I will do my best to help you sort thru all this. luckily for you, you got a Just answers tech who happens to be an auto mechanic as well, so we may be able to get this figured out.

I am so pleased to hear that. I hope you find it to be a useful product - that lets you peer through formerly opaque windows. Do you have access to such software yourself on the job? I presume it is too expensive for a mechanic to have, unless he specializes in one brand, and can justify the cost.

no, we do not have this specific program in our shop. again, ill do some research this evening when i get home from work and see what i can find out for you.

hey Jim, I did some research on this and unfortunately, I cannot find any clear cut instructions on how to get the desired results that you are wanting to get. we did get the files into the correct area for the app to read them but you might have to contact customer support for the torque app to see if they can give you any further insight on how to get the desired information that you are wanting, or if the app can even give you that information for your make and model car.

I also asked a few of my fellow mechanics in my shop and unfortunately, they had not heard of this app specifically and therefore, were not any further help.

If there are any other questions that I can help you with in regards ***** ***** please let me know. If not, I would ask that you please take a few minutes and give me a positive rating based on my help with this question. I know we didn't reach the final answer that you were looking for and I apologize for that, but I'm sure that the tech help for the torque app would be able to get you the results you seek.

I think torque does not have a home, or any staff. The developer seems to be in Europe. Do you have any pointers on how to find support anywhere?

https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewforum&f=1.0

here is a link to the apps forums page, where people gather and talk about the apps, also asking questions in regards ***** ***** I did not find any contact information per say there but with the people using the forums, I would suggest posting the information that you provided me there and seeing if anyone there could assist you with your issues. I know the creators of the apps will typically scan the forums as well so they may be there and be able to help you with your issues.

thanks
Jim

Not a prob Jim, Sorry we couldn't get things completely solved for you but hopefully, things will work better in the forums of the people that use the app on a daily basis and help develop it.

If there nothing else I can answer for you, I ask that you take a few minutes and please rate me on my performance with your question today. I hope you have a great day!

Ronald Brock
Ronald Brock
Ronald Brock
Ronald Brock