Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

In the Christmas madness I lost my Kindle Fire HD8

Customer Question
In the Christmas madness...

In the Christmas madness I lost my Kindle Fire HD8 instructions. My daughter downloaded 10 books for me and I have read 5 of them. Don't I have to turn this 5 in to be able to get 5 more? Problem is no instructions so what do I do??

Technician's Assistant: When did this downloading issue start with your Kindle Fire?

It is brand new. Daughter downloaded 10 books I have read 5 so how do i delete the books i have read?

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

You don's seem to understand my question. How do i delete the books I have read???

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Android Devices
1/8/2018
Android Device Expert: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 3 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Android Device Expert: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 3 months ago

I Understand your concern please follow the below instructions in order to delete the books from your kindle:

To remove a book or magazine from your Kindle Fire HD libraries, follow these steps:

1. On the Home screen, tap Books or Newsstand to display your library.

2. Locate and press your finger on the item you want to remove.

A menu appears.

3. Tap Remove from Device.

The thumbnail of the item remains in your Books library on the Cloud tab and on the Carousel or Favorites if you’ve placed it there. To download and read the book again, just double-tap it in any of these locations, and the download begins.

Please let me know if it works for you if it does not we will try alternate solution.

Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh