Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

After entering my password my tablet has the unlock icon and…

Customer Question
After entering my password...

After entering my password ***** tablet has the unlock icon and is just spinning and not opening up.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change the password ***** passcode to your device?

I never have since I've owned it.

Technician's Assistant: Is there a Gmail address linked to your device?

Customer:***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

No - thanks

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Android Devices
1/7/2018
Android Device Expert: Randy Boman, Technician replied 3 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
What if the model of your tablet?
Galaxy A
Okay thank you.
Try this please.
rt
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0
News
Holiday help for your new phone!read more
Android 8.0 Oreo. Mmmm!read more
Device resets: Samsung Galaxy Tab A
Learn how to master reset the Samsung Galaxy Tab A using the menu or hardware keys.On this page:Master reset from settings menu
Master reset with hardware keys
Soft reset with hardware keysMaster reset from settings menu
A master reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloads, ringtones, images, apps, contacts, and Visual Voicemail. It does not delete data stored on the SIM card or SD card.Back up data on the internal memory, Backup and restore.
From the Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
Tap Settings.
Scroll to 'Personal,' then tap Backup and reset.
If desired, tap Back up my data to move the slider to ON or OFF.
If desired, tap Restore to move the slider to ON or OFF.
Tap Factory data reset.
Tap Reset device.
If you have screen lock turned on, enter your PIN or password.
Tap Continue.
Tap Delete all.Master reset with hardware keys
A master reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloads, ringtones, images, apps, contacts, and Visual Voicemail. It does not delete data stored on the SIM card or SD card.If the device menus are frozen or unresponsive, you can master reset using hardware keys.Back up data on the internal memory, Backup and restore.
Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
When the Samsung Galaxy Tab A logo screen displays, release all of the keys, the press and quickly release thePower key
'Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds, then a 'No command' Android will appear before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight 'wipe data / factory reset.'
Press Power button to select.
Press the Volume down key until 'Yes -- delete all user data' is highlighted.
Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
When the master reset is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device.

Follow the last steps using Hardware keys please.

Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer