Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

Spoke to Syed 15 mins ago to fix problem - Still can't get…

Customer Question
Spoke to Syed 15...

Spoke to Syed 15 mins ago to fix problem - Still can't get into my FIRE. Going around and around in circles.

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

Rec'd fire on my account. For another person***@******.***. Syed said tablet will now recognize that account. It keeps telling me he has to have an Amazon account - Which apparently he had at one time but has no idea what the password ***** be.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change the password ***** passcode to your device?

Can't even do that - keeps saying need Amazon acct

Technician's Assistant: Is there a Gmail address linked to your device?

It was***@******.*** Syed said changed to***@******.*** but as soon as he gets on told to create an acct. so I do that and then it says he has an existing Amazon acct which had to be a long time ago. He does not have a clue what password ***** be

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Android Devices
1/6/2018
Android Device Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 month ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Have you tried a factory reset of the Kindle device in question ? that might wipe the other person's account registration off it, hopefully.

If not, then you should send back the Kindle. It is Used, but belongs to another Amazon user - it is useless to you - if you return it to the vendor with a remark that it is unusable, and a request for a refund, or for another different Kindle of the same value or of the same model to be sent you in exchange, that should solve the problem.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Russell H., Service Tech