Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I have an A8 tablet. I have had a lot of apps on it and it…

Customer Question
I have an A8...

I have an A8 tablet. I have had a lot of apps on it and it was getting sluggish. then this morning i got a warning of a virus, so i tried to do a factory restore. It went into an "erasing" mode and stayed there for several hours. then the tablet went dead. we have tried to recharge it, but i still cannot get it to turn on.

Technician's Assistant: Have you done a hard reset on your device by holding down the power button until it vibrates or beeps?

I tried, but it seems no matter how long i hold the button, it still does nothing. Trying again now.

Technician's Assistant: Has there been any recent damage to your device (e.g. from dropping it or getting it wet)?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, i have had the device for several years and have had no real problems with it at all.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Android Devices
I have been waiting for more than two hours. Will it be much longer?
1/4/2018
Android Device Expert: Cris, Technician replied 4 months ago
Cris
Cris, Technician

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you. Let's get started!

Please try the following solution and let me know the outcome.

• Before resetting your tablet, turn it off and then on again. ...
  • Press and hold Volume up, Home and Power buttons until the Samsung logo appears on the screen.
  • Scroll to wipe data/factory reset by pressing the Volume down button.
  • Press the Power button.
Okay. Lets.
Why would the SAMSUNG logo appear. this is a Lenovo device?

I apologize you said A8. I assumed you had a samsung tablet.

A8-5500 Lenovo 8" Tablet
  1. Make sure the tablet it off.
  2. Next press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button until lenovo logo appears.
  3. Then select option "wipe data/factory reset" using Volume buttons to scroll options, and Power button to confirm.
  4. Now accept your choice -> choose "Yes -- delete all user data".
I did all that. It then showed the Android figure and messaged under it Erasing. after several hours, the device went blank and has not been able to come back on. that's why i an writing.

Got it.

Can you plug the charger leave it in for about 5 minutes.

Next, while still connected to the charger press and hold the power button for up to 1 minute or until the device turns on. Let me know any change.

It's now charging. I will let you know what happens, but i have tried this earlier and still no power up. BUT, I will try again.

OK, also try the reset instructions while it is connected to the charger.

No change. Still will not power up
I held the power button for more than 3 minutes. No change.
Are you still there???

I apologize, I tried to research this. Unfortunately I do not have anymore solutions.

I will opt out and open this to other experts who maybe have something for you.

Okay, will they send me a text or email?
Android Device Expert: Harry, IT replied 4 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

How old is the tablet?

About 5 years old.

If you have tried multiple outlets and a different power cord but it still will not power on then there is a hardware failure with the tablet.

Since it is outside of warranty, it would cost more to repair the tablet than to buy a new one.

Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer