Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

Well it’s a phone but my grandmother forgot the password to…

Customer Question
Well it’s a phone...

Well it’s a phone but my grandmother forgot the password ***** her phone and we factory reset the phone and now it won’t let us into the phone

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

3 days ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

We already did that and now it won’t let her use her email

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Android Devices
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
Android Device Expert: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 4 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Can you tell me the brand and model of your phone, please?

Samsung Galaxy s7

Thank you. I assume that your Grandmother has a google email address connected to the phone? If so, please provide the first part of the email address (just the part before the @ sign).

alicenunn3

Thank you. Please give me just a moment to check out options

Does your grandmother still have access to this phone number?

(•••) •••-••59

If she does, on a computer, please go to https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery. Enter the complete email address and click Next. It will ask for the last password ***** you remember. Don't type anything there. Instead, please click on TRY ANOTHER WAY. You will then be asked to type in the full phone number. Type it in and click next. Follow the instructions on the screen to recieve a text or phone call with a code. DON"T CLOSE THE BROWSER WINDOW. When you have the code you'll need to type it in. Cick next again and you can enter the new password ***** times. You can now use the new password ***** the phone.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If this resolves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. If you have any other questions or if you need more help, just let me know. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2nG6XLy and ask for GeekGal. Thank you!

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech