Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I recently received a samsung tab. In setting it up I forgot…

Customer Question
I recently received a...

I recently received a samsung tab B. In setting it up I forgot my tablet password. What to do ?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Sm - t580

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is set up in conjunction with my samsung phone, Number(###) ###-####

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Android Devices
1/3/2018
Android Device Expert: Harry, IT replied 1 month ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
for some reason I cannot open your first response.Thanks
  1. Start by holding down the Power key for a short while in order to turn off the device.
  2. After that, press and hold simultaneously the Volume Up + Home + Power button for a few momements.
  3. You should release held keys as soon as the Samsung Logo appears on the screen.
  4. Afterwards select "wipe data / factory reset" by using Volume buttons to navigate and Power key to confirm.
  5. In the next step choose "Yes -- delete all user data" to confirm whole operation.
  6. When the Recovery Mode appears again select "reboot system now".
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
In turning off the device a message comes up asking for the password?

No, you need to make sure it is turned off completely.

Hold down the power button for about 10 seconds without releasing.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The messages were a little different then what you described. The option was either turn on as is usual or download another operating system. I am now downloading the new operating system and apparently that takes some time.

Let me know how it goes

Give it another 30 minutes then you will need to start over

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He's back!
The screen I previously sent to you stayed on and I could not turn off the tablet.
Overnight the battery was used up and the tablet was off this morning.
So the tablet fired back up as normal, requesting the password.
So I started the process again. Now when turning off a button shows up saying "power off". So I hit that and now then then up comes a request to "enter password ***** turn off tablet"Now what?

You will need to start the process over again

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But Harry, when I try to turn off the tablet as in process #1 the tablet screen reverts to two buttons. One says power off and one says Restart.
When I hit the power off button it then takes me to "enter password ***** turn off". Obviously I cannot give the password.If I simultaneously hit power, home and volume up buttons it takes me to a page saying:"WARNING"
A custom OS can cause critical problems in phone and installed applications.
If you want to download a custom OS, press the volume key up.
Otherwise, press the volume down key to cancel. (restart phone)What to do Harry?????Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Harry - Thanks for your help but we are not getting anywhere. When I turn off the tablet a button comes up requesting the password ***** I cannot provide. I can get it to the page previously discussed but cannot progress from there.I'm going to take to someone local.Thanks

Thank you for the update

Harry, IT