Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I have forgotten my password on my mobile Samsung s7 that…

Customer Question
I have forgotten my...

I have forgotten my password ***** my mobile Samsung s7 that accompanies my fingerprints and cant unlock my phone

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

1 hour ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Phone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

Is this the only way

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No just that I'm pretty dumb when it come to mobiles

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Android Devices
1/1/2018
Android Device Expert: ITPeter, Engineer replied 1 month ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If you have forgotten the passcode and your fingerprint is not working then you will have to reset the phone will will erase everything stored on it.

This is a security feature from Samsung.

Do you have a backup of all your data stored somewhere, e.g. a Samsung Cloud account?

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating.

Pete.

--------------------

ITPeter
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer