Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

My son locked himself out his tablet how can I unlock it and…

Customer Question
My son locked himself...

My son locked himself out his tablet how can I unlock it and change the password ***** I can save it for him

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your device? How old is it?

Cambio W101SA23T1P Just bought it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Android Devices
12/30/2017
Android Device Expert: ITPeter, Engineer replied 1 month ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If the password ***** ***** then the tablet will need to be reset.

To "Hard Reset" the RCA Cambio tablet:

1. Make sure that the tablet is actually powered off.
2. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.
3. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".
4. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.
5. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.
6. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.
7. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the tablet.

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is no volume button?

Which buttons does your model have?

ITPeter
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer