Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

Kobo will not let me access my account. About a year ago…

Customer Question
Kobo will not let...

Kobo will not let me access my account

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kobo device?

About a year ago screen froze and have not used it since. I just plugged it in to see if it would work. It rebooted tried to access my account. Would not accept password. Tried to creat new account would not accept.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The E-reader Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your e-books and other data.

How do I that?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Android Devices
12/28/2017
Android Device Expert: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question. Please remember to rate my help today by clicking 5 stars at the top of the page before you leave the session today.

To factory reset your device please do this :

1. Turn on your eReader.
  2. Press the Menu button.
  3. Press the centre of the Navigation pad.
  4. Select Settings.
  5. Press the centre of the Navigation pad.
  6. Select Advanced.
  7. Press the centre of the Navigation pad.
  8. Select Reset Device Now.
  9. Press the centre of the Navigation pad.
  10. Once the eReader is powered up again, set the date and time.

Now try to set it up as new and see of you have success which you should :-)

Thanks Mike

First of all I am not impressed that kobo puts on a site that charges me 5:00 bucks to get a answer.
Android Device Expert: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

We are a technical support company very well known throughout the world names Just Answer.. We are a paid tech support site which LOTS of huge companies will send their customers to us because we are very good at what we do and all have very impressive qualifications... When they are unable to help, they send you to us...

that if I want to talk to someone it costs 27.00 bucks. I mean get real. I what my money back and I want my information deleted . I will never buy another kobo product in my life .
Android Device Expert: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

No problem at all. I will send this to customer service and they will take care of the refund for you...

No further actions is needed.

Michael T
Michael T
Michael T