Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

Galaxy S7 Keyboard issue. It worked fine while home in the…

Customer Question
Galaxy S7 Keyboard issue...

Galaxy S7 Keyboard issue. It worked fine while home in the US, but now it is not in Bermuda. I had this problem before in Bermuda, but usually after a restart the keyboard would come to life. What I think the problem is, my phone is searching for a network it cannot reach. Thus it overheats and auto reboots constantly. I turned off my mobile data, and also tried to select data usage and under maintenance and tried to clear data, and even a force stop, but it says "computing" and won't let me do it. I can open and read messages with the phone (internet apps), such as Facebook, What's App etc, but when I try to reply, the virtual keyboard will not pop up...HELP!!!

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Galaxy?

No, I don't think so... I just looked, and after 30,secs or 1 minute, like now, it reboots again

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, tablet, etc.) connecting to the router?

I don't want my network to appear. my network is US Cellular, I'm in Bermuda, and i cant reach my network, which is fine, but all i want t do is use my keyboard for internet apps such as skype, messenger, whats app aetc, but the keyboard wont pop up

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

This is a galaxy S7 phone, no router

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Android Devices
12/22/2017
Android Device Expert: Harry, IT replied 4 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

my keyboard wont open. plus my phone is constantly rebooting.. galaxy s7. ive had techs try every option, including safe mode, nothing

Did they try a factory reset?

we tried resetting to the factory defaults. The battery goes from 100% to 0% even if not using it within 3 hours. But again, this only occurs when I am out network coverage while in Bermuda. I have tried safe mode, factory reset, and also tried to clear data and clear cache in the samsung keyboard area, but it says "computing" and it will not allow me to do so... again, the phone/keyboard works fine when in the US, but not in Bermuda. it worked in Bermuda before while trying to use internet apps to text, so it is odd that it is not allowing me to access the keyboard once I returned 2 days ago.

How old is the phone?

It is 1 year old, Galaxy S7... minor, like once a week battery or keyboard issues while in Bermuda all summer and fall, but a simple restart always fixed it. Then the past 2 weeks I went home to Maine and it worked like a charm. But now that I have returned to Bermuda the previous minor issue has turned into a major issue and has rendered my phone useless.

Over or under a year?

October 2016.

Unfortunately, it is over a year old which means it is not under warranty anymore.

In this case, it will need to be looked at someone locally to determine the exact cause of the issue.

thats the problem, im in bermuda, expensive as all get out here, so was hoping to get a tech online to walk me thru fix options.

No, it needs to be looked at locally since a factory reset did not fix the issue which means it is not a software issue.

Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer