Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

My caller ID keeps saying ********** when I call people on…

Customer Question
My caller ID keeps...

My caller ID keeps saying my name is Kevin ********** when I call people on my cell phone #*************, my name is ***** ***** *************. Please, how do I correct this to read my name when I call others. Thank you.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

The brand is LG, the serial # is 351927080970386, it was sent to me for free to replace my old phone be Net 10 a while back. I'm sorry but very illiterate regarding cell phones.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your LG phone? What have you tried so far?

Just noticed by my friends approximately a week ago. I looked up the instructions in the Net 10 service guide, but was unable to find any reference to my specific problem. Oh, just found my LG serial number, it is 441G.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

That's really all I know presently.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Android Devices
12/17/2017
Android Device Expert: Camille-Mod,
 replied 5 months ago
Camille-Mod
My name is ***** ***** I am the moderator for this topic. Please read the following message very carefully:
It looks like your question was meant for a different company ( Your cell phone company?). We match people with questions to experts with answers in areas like Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Financial, Legal, Home Improvement and more.
While you may have intended this for another company, oftentimes, the professionals can still help with a question like yours. Please let me know if you want to continue, or if you would prefer that I cancel your question.
Best,
Camille - Moderator
I want to continue.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Android Device Expert: Harry, IT replied 4 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

This issue is with your cell phone carrier. They will need to update your phone information within their records to your name and information. Have you called them?

Why can't this be corrected, it appears it would not be difficult to fix. Just replace this person's name with mine.

No. LG is the brand name, but Net 10 is the monthly provider.

Yes, did you contact Net10?

Thank you, ***** ***** think I need to call the carrier as suggested.

Yes, you will need to call them as suggested.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I hope I am not charged for these chats today and earlier this week.
Thanks.
Harry, IT