Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I have a Fire 7 I am trying to register. Brand new. Entered…

Customer Question
I have a Fire...

I have a Fire 7 I am trying to register

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Fire?

Brand new

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Fire?

Entered email address. Set new password ***** I MAY have Amazon acct

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

Just need to know how to get started

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Android Devices
12/17/2017
Android Device Expert: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 4 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble and I'm sorry that you've had to wait so long for help. It would be my pleasure to assist you.

The first thing we need to do is find out whether or not you have an existing Amazon account or not. Please go to www.amazon.com and click on FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD. On the next screen, enter the email address associated with your Amazon account. If there isn't an Amazon account associated with that email, you'll see a message stating that. Otherwise, follow the instructions on the screen to reset your Amazon password ***** then use that same password ***** register your Kindle.

On the Kindle itself, let's begin with a clean slate by resetting the Kindle to factory settings (out of the box settings). This will bring up a wizard that will help you to register your Kindle to your Amazon account.

Please hold the power button or switch in the off position for a full 40 seconds. This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults if it reset the Kindle back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds. Me When you turn Kindle Fire on for the first time after resetting it to factory defaults, you see a series of screens that help you set up and register the device. The first screen is titled Welcome to Kindle Fire. This is the point in the setup process at which you connect to a Wi-Fi network. You need this connection to register your device.

Follow these steps to register and set up your Kindle Fire:

1. In the Connect to a Network list, tap an available network. Kindle Fire connects to the network (you may need to enter a password ***** then tap Connect to access an available network) and then displays the Time Zone screen.

2. Tap to select a time zone from the list provided and tap Continue.

3. On the Register Your Kindle screen that appears, enter your Amazon account information, e-mail address, and a password ***** the appropriate fields.

4. If you don’t have an Amazon account, click the New to Amazon? Create an Account link. This link takes you to the Create an Amazon Account screen, with fields for entering your name, e-mail address, and password (which you have to retype to confirm). Enter this information, and then tap Continue.

5. Complete the registration. If you want to read the terms of registration, tap the By Registering, You Agree to All of the Terms Found Here link. When you finish reading the terms, tap the Close button to return to the registration screen. To complete the registration, tap the Register button. A final screen appears saying Welcome to Kindle Fire: Hello <Your Name>. There’s also a link labeled Not <Your Name>? If, for some reason, you aren’t you (for example, you may have entered your account information incorrectly), tap the Not <Your Name> link to change your account information.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. Please let me know if you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions. I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech