Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I have a problem connecting to pandora on my phone. Samsung…

Customer Question
I have a problem...

I have a problem connecting to pandora on my phone

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Samsung galaxy s7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Galaxy? What have you tried so far?

Every since i changed over to this phone, i can get the app but when i go to it,it says you already have an account but then says your session has expired

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all i can think of

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Android Devices
12/15/2017
Android Device Expert: armymil2003,
 replied 2 months ago
armymil2003

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Android Device Expert: armymil2003,
 replied 2 months ago

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

Android Device Expert: armymil2003,
 replied 2 months ago

Based on your notes, it sounds like it isn't signing you in because of the error that says you are already signed in but yet it says session expired.

Android Device Expert: armymil2003,
 replied 2 months ago

What steps have you tried so far to resolve?

all i know to do
Android Device Expert: armymil2003,
 replied 2 months ago

Have you tried uninstalling Pandora and reinstalling it again?

i not interested in paying all that to get connected to pandora
i was thinking the five dollars i paid would get me the help in needed to get back on the pandora siteu
Android Device Expert: armymil2003,
 replied 2 months ago

That's an offer by the website, not me. I try to warn ahead of time to let people know about the ads that pop up. I'm sorry it does that.

i tried that and nothing changed
Android Device Expert: armymil2003,
 replied 2 months ago

Okay, can I have you try these steps?

1. Go to Settings > Device Maintenance> Battery > Battery Usage
  2. Tap the 3 vertical dot menu icon and select Optimize battery usage.
  3. Scroll through the list of apps until you find Pandora.
  4. Toggle the battery optimization switch from ON to OFF.
is there anyway you can call me on the phone to help me set this up properly
Android Device Expert: armymil2003,
 replied 2 months ago

Unfortunately, in order to call or remote into devices, the site charges extra to do that.

i have tried all those options and still the same response
ok i done that no change what next?
Android Device Expert: armymil2003,
 replied 2 months ago

Thank you. Give me just one moment while I see the next thing to try.

Android Device Expert: armymil2003,
 replied 2 months ago

Are you able to get into the settings in Pandora?

Android Device Expert: armymil2003,
 replied 2 months ago

I'd like to have you try to lower the audio quality to regular quality to see if that would fix it.

no it does not allow me any into the settings at all of pandora
Android Device Expert: armymil2003,
 replied 2 months ago

Did you get this phone with everything already installed or was it a clean phone and you added the apps as you wanted? My next thought is going to be to wipe the phone clean and reinstall everything. Of course you would lose any currently installed apps, but we've run through all the basic steps before we have to try more drastic measures. Honestly, the phone isn't that old so it shouldn't have a problem with Pandora.

no this was a brand new phone i added all the apps. that are on it, i have another phone that works fine it's just that this app will not open up on this phone
Android Device Expert: armymil2003,
 replied 2 months ago

Well, I am fresh out of ideas on this one. Since it is a new phone, then I am not sure. I will opt out and another tech will come on here. You won't need to do anything.

ok i just want my $5.00 fee refunded i got nothing from this conversation
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer