Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I have a galaxy s5 active and I am trying to free up

Customer Question
I have a galaxy...

I have a galaxy s5 active and I am trying to free up internal space. I have a 32 gb external chip with very little on it yet when I try so shift an app from internal drive to sd I keep getting a message saying NOT Enough space.

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A while now

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The only thing on sd card are pictures I take with phone and the go straight to sd card

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Android Devices
12/15/2017
Android Device Expert: Harry, IT replied 2 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still have the problem

Which apps are you trying to send to the SD card?

any aps my phone will let me. my cell has 16mb of storage which is all most full my sd has 32mb of storage which only has 1.76 mb used

Can you name one of the apps that won't work?

photos,pandora,packers,messenger to name a few
no i have not tried that samsung had me go to apps manerger then app ,then to app then hit storage, then hit change then sd

Please try it that way on the link

that is the same link I got from samsung and the same directions I told you I was following. and when I try transfering a app no matter how small it always says not enough storage space

I asked if you tried it via that link and you replied "No, I have not tried that" then you mentioned already trying it that way.

Which one is it?

your link took me to the same sight I got when I googled samsung. I asked them the same question I sent to you. same directions which i followed before i contacted you.

You don't need to ask that link any question.

The steps are directly on the link.

Like I told you I followed those directions and whe I get to the point where i click to transfer the app to the sd card it shows a little green bar that goes from 10% to 100% in a short period of time then flashes a note sating not enough space
I know I followed the directions and when i hit transfer to sd card the green bar goes from 10 to 100% in seconds then goes to a message that says not enough space
ok harry I think I solved my problem. I re formatted my sd card and now i am able to mtransfer apps to sd card freeing up space on my internal drive thanks for trying to help. marry christmas
Harry, IT