Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I have an acertablet that has suddenly stoped recognising my…

Customer Question
I have an acertablet...

I have an acertablet that has suddenly stoped recognising my home wifi. It says my signal strength is strong/excellent but i cannot get online.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Just checking

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Ive tried erasing my wifi info and re entering. Ive tried closing and rebooting my tablet. Ive checked my ip adress and it says it is unavailable router is sisco and telus all other devices in our home are working fine also we re ooted our router no change

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Android Devices
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/14/2017
Android Device Expert: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your router from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.

We already did that
Android Device Expert: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

On your phone are you able to see other WiFi networks?

My phone ND lap top both work fine
Android Device Expert: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

I get that, it just don't recognize your WiFi alone.

Did you try changing channels on your router?

No. I'm concerned that it will impact the rest of my devices.
How do I change channels on my router?
All the other devices are accessing the router fine. My tablet shows a strong WiFi signal but will not connect. In my about section it says that my ip address in unavailable.
Android Device Expert: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

No that will not.

You got to login into the settings page of your router in order to do that.

Are you aware of your user credentials to your router?

My router is working fine for all other devices. It is my TABLET that is the issue.
My acer tablet
Android Device Expert: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

I understand that, but this is the one option I would highly recommend to you to change on the router.

I do not understand how to do it. We only have the physical router plugged to our wall. You said to "go to the settings page" of our router. How is that done?
Android Device Expert: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

You mentioned your router is cisco, what is the model number of the router?

T1200h
Android Device Expert: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Great, can you please tell me the ip address and the default gateway on your computer.

Do you mean my tablet ip address? Or the laptop that is still able to connect to the Internet?
Android Device Expert: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Laptop that is connected to the internet.

Gateway 172.218.60.1
Ip 192.168.1.64
Is there any update?
Android Device Expert: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

On you laptop please open up a browser and type 192.168.1.64 on the address bar of the browser.

it says site cant be reached
can you please give me some more information. We have been in correspondance for more than one and a half hours and still nothing. i am not able to devote my entire day to this. This is not what i was led to believe would happen for $51.
Android Device Expert: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

I am sorry, this is what I would recommend.

And to further troubleshoot I believe it would be much easier if I take remote.

But am going to opt out of this and open this to other experts.

what is it that you recommend? i believe we have tried everything asked of us.
why has the previous expert opted out of helping us further?????
i am deeply disappointed with this. This cost us a total of $56 and all i have been given is advice about my router which is currntly working perfectly. After being asked to give my gateway and ip address i waited 30 minutes to be asked to then put that info into a browser bar. 30 minutes!
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer