Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I bought RCA Tablet RCT 6973W43. Now I want to give it to…

I bought RCA Tablet...

I bought RCA Tablet RCT 6973W43. Now I want to give it to somebody. I performed reset the factory setting and removed all data. Does the next owner need my original activation code?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change the password ***** passcode to your device?

There was no password ***** change. When I activated the tablet I used passcode I had on Walmart receipt

Technician's Assistant: Is there a Gmail address linked to your device?

Yes, but I believed it should be removed during reset. Am I right?

12/14/2017
Josh, Technician

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

please.
I tried to log in again, and system after connecting to Wifi asked me for my old gmail account, like I was still remembered somewhere. At this time I logged in as me and performed factory reset again this time using settings e.t.c. The question now remains as follow:
If I give this tablet to any person, will that person be able to establish own credentials and use this thing?

No, the next owner does not need your activation code.

Thank you very much. No more questions. Tad

You're welcome!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

Josh, Technician
Josh, Technician