Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

The screen is very dim and tapping it with my finger doesn't…

Customer Question
The screen is very...

The screen is very dim and tapping it with my finger doesn't make it brighter.

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Amazon fire 7,Model Number SRO43KL

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your SRO43KL? What have you tried so far?

It just started this morning. It was working fine and when I picked it up later it wouldn't brighten.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I've tried turning it off and restarting to no avail.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Android Devices
12/12/2017
Android Device Expert: p0llinate, Engineer replied 4 months ago
p0llinate
p0llinate, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

I've held the power button down for at least 1 minute for 4 times and haven't seen the flashes (image of a tree). The first couple of times I did see amazon and fire on the screen which disappeared.
Ok I've authorized a $20 charge on my credit card for a phone conversation. I assume that will be credited if we continue online.
I cant stay on the computer any longer. Thanks for nothing. I DO NOT AUTHORIZE ANY MORE CHARGES ON MY CREDIT CARD.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

If the kindle still isn’t working properly, the next step will be a deeper level reset. If you have not charged the kindle recently or know that it is at least half full, then you should charge the battery for at least a few hours before proceeding further. Then plug the kindle into computer via usb cable, then press and hold power button for 60+ seconds, and release. The kindle will take 3-5 minutes to reload it's internal firmware. If it doesn't turn back on by itself, press power once to turn it on.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site for the chat; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer