Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I have a Nokia Lumia 920. About 3 weeks ago I noticed I have…

Customer Question
I have a Nokia...

I have a Nokia Lumia 920. About 3 weeks ago I noticed I have lost all but the last few weeks of calendar history. Two days ago I made an entry for October 2017 and this has also been erased. I have had no success search the phone for answers but it must be a setting of some sort. Your help will be appreciated.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Lumia?

Windows

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Lumia? What have you tried so far?

Only about 3 weeks. I am unable to find anything in settings or similar functions.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Android Devices
I have been waiting over 50 minutes for a response. I was told the estimated wait time was 8 minutes!
12/8/2017
Android Device Expert: Harry, IT replied 6 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Help still required.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to recover those entries.

If you create a new entry, does it stay?

New entries remain only 3 weeks past their date. Last remaining entry is 27 November.

Is it exactly at 3 weeks?

Exactly 3 weeks.

Are you using the Windows calendar or did you add Google calendar?

Using Windows calendar.

Go into Settings then Email+accounts

Within there, you should see an option to change the sync time.

I have checked Settings - Email and Accounts and the only reference yo sync time is for Bigpond emails currently syncing every 2 hours. No reference to Calendar settings. More help required.

Within that option, you should see an option for how long you can sync. Look for something that says 3 weeks

No. Nothing there. As previously stated the only reference to sync in Settings - email and accounts is emails every 2 hours in Bigpond.

Open Calendar App and click on the Settings icon.

2. Now, click on Account and then select your account.

3. Click on Change Mailbox Sync Settings.

4. Click on the drop down menu under Download Email from and select anytime.

5. Now, click on Done and then Save.

Ok I have done that so will see if that is the answer. I note today my older sister calendar appointment of 27 November has been deleted
Sorry. Should read "my oldest calendar appointment". Will follow up tomorrow to see if the change you have suggested is working.

OK let me know

The issue with the Calendar has not been resolved!!. Entries are still being deleted after 3 weeks. Not at all happy. Get someone who can fix this to help me!!
I have been asked to rate your service. Until the issue is resolved I will not respond - so far the service is pathetic!
Is anyone still trying to help me? The deleting of calendar entries is still happening 3 weeks after last entry. I need the problem resolved. Your urgent help is required. My requests started on 8 December.

This is the first time that I have heard back from you since December 11th.

Did you change the mailbox settings for Anytime for every option?

I confirmed the changes to settings had been done on 12 December. I again communicated on 15 December that the deleting of calendar entries after 3 weeks was still happening. The issue has not been resolved.