Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I have a galaxy 8 and I was on a JetBlue flight where they…

Customer Question
I have a galaxy...

I have a galaxy 8 and I was on a JetBlue flight where they have their Wi-Fi network - fly-fi. Last time I was connecting a screen popped up asking if we should auto disconnect from this network and I hit yes by mistake. I can't figure out how to undo that. Now I can't connect to that Wi-Fi

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Galaxy?

Yes, it connects and then immediately disconnects

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, tablet, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes, I can connect via my tablet, which what I'm using now to all to you

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Android Devices
12/6/2017
Android Device Expert: Ashik, Android Tech replied 4 months ago
Ashik, Android Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

On your phone, go to Settings tap WiFi. You will see that WiFi network there. Tap and hold down your finger on it and select Forget Network. Then reconnect to it.

If that didn't work, then go to Settings > General Management > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings. Do that reset and then restart your phone (only if you know the password ***** patter or number to unlock the screen of the phone)

Then try to connect to the WiFi

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

I tried the forget network but it didn't work. I was scared to use the reset network option because i thought I would lose all my wifi and bluetooth networks

Yes, it will cause it lose saved networks but you just need to reconnect to them. It won't affect any other stuffs of your phone.

Have you tried turning off and on Airplane mode ?

They asked if you should call me, but I'm the plane now using fly-fi with my tablet and trying to get my phone to work.

Please ignore that. It was an automatic offer from this site, not sent by me. I will help you here without any additional payment

Ty

If you already tried Airplande mode, forget network option, restart etc, then Reset Network is the best option to turn. However, you just need to reconnect to all your bluetooth and WiFi devices again

Is that true about losi g all network info on a reset?
Please note, we are getting g close to landing and I will lose my connection very soon
Are you still there?

You will see previously saved WiFi networks and bluetooth. There aren't other much network info to lose.

You can simply reconnect to your WiFi and bluetooth devices in a few seconds though even after you do network reset. I usually do network reset if I see any glitches in the internet connectivity. The network reset wouldn't reset any other settings

Will it lose all the other wifi codes from the phone?

Sorry, Yes. It will deleted saved WiFi passwords

That's not good

Sorry, Yes. It will delete saved WiFi passwords. The Forget network is supposed to work, can you try that again ?

To tried forget network 10 times

Samsung designed the device that way. To make sure, you didn't set the Auto disconnect option on the flight's connection page. Right ?

I did set the auto disconnect by mistake when it popped up on my screen
We're close to landing and I'll lose you

Go to Settings > WiFi. Advanced. Tap Managet networks. Tap your WiFi and is "Auto reconnect" enabled for it ?

Where is the flights connection page. I was looking for that

It will only appear when you connect to its WiFi network. When you connect, a web page will open to authenticate etc

I believe you got that message from the flight's network login page instead of phone and somehow that flight backlisted the MAC/WiFi address of your phone

I can't find manage networks
I looked for it on the JetBlue network page and couldn't find it

It is at top right in WiFi page.

Samsung doesn't give much control over WiFi. So Network Reset is the option to try if other didn't work

There is a chance you can still connect to other flight's same WiFi network since their hardware will be different (in case if they blocked your phone's address)

Ty, I found manage network and fly-fi is not there. This is crazy
This is already the second flight I'm having this problem

That means the phone is not even registering the network, which means that fly-fi is not even accepting your connection request

If it accept the connection request even for 1 second successfully, you will see the network in Manage Networks.

I'm afraid the issue is with the fly-fi and not your phone. They are somehow blocking your phone's MAC address. The only way to know is by resetting network

But when I go to wifi it says connecting then connected then disconnected
Now I see fly-fi on the manage page. It wassnt there because we said forget

Restart your phone. Then put it to Airplane mode and connect to WiFi while it is in airplane mode

Ok trying that

Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me any time you want. This session will not be closed.

Still not workin

I'm afraid you will have to do the reset network. I'm sorry, there is no other method as Samsung doesn't allow much control over this. But you will lose the other saved passwords and bluetooth info. Let me know what you thinkl

The plane landed and the Wi-Fi got turned off. I will call JetBlue and ask them if they know how to deal with the issue

Ok, If you have any questions, please me know.

Best Regards,

Ashik, Android Tech