Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

My Android, AT&Taccount, Samsung account, google accounts…

Customer Question
My Android, AT&Taccount, Samsung...

My Android, AT&Taccount, Samsung account, google accounts are being hacked. I recently got notices in the mail from Direct TV which I do not have, relaying my movie packages. What do you think is going on?

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Android device?

I’m not sure what u mean. I do have a direct tv app, but do not use it.

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, tablet, etc.) connecting to the router?

They used to be. I am 99% sure it is my ex husband doing this. I am literally afraid to set up my lap top computer. Also, although AT&T fraud dept confirmed my safety, my PIN number continues to change. None of my google accounts on my phone are safe.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

My AT&T account was already established, as was my Samsung account. However, the detective involved in my case needs proof that it is my ex. I also received a letter from Gallagher NAC advising of credit and identity fraud. That this person has my social security number. As I mentioned I keep getting mail from Direct TV. I WAS DENIED OF Direct TV as they claimed I had an outstanding bill that went to collections. I KNOW I payed them in full and turned in our equipment. Their mail is confirming my movie package...My texts are being altered. My emails deleted, or frozen. I was locked out of FB, Had to send them a picture of my ID. THERE’s probably more...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Android Devices
12/4/2017
Android Device Expert: All Around Tech, Computer Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
All Around Tech
All Around Tech, Computer Enthusiast

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today.

What type of info are you looking for in regards ***** ***** above info?

Thanks,

Joe

This is so overwhelming. Is it possible for you to call me?

Unfortunately at this time I do not know what exact info you are looking for and as such I am not sure if I could then offer you the info you seek, I may, but for me to know I would first need to know what type of info you are seeking?

Thanks,

Joe

What I need is for you to confirm my intuition, that my exband has been hacking into my former computer, and android. His name is Jason**********************

I am not sure in what way we could help you accomplish that?

Why? What further information do you need?

We are a support site, we do not have access to your accounts. I do see that you have fraud departments already looking into the matter which means they will be able to tell who is doing it through their investigation. Your best thing that you may be able to do is change your passwords to something there is no way he could know and change all or your security info, what I mean is that if you can use a forgot password ***** and it gives info about questions for you that he knows the answer to then you will need to change those questions, try changing them to an answer not related to the question but make sure to keep a pad with those answers so that you do not forget. Next I'd contact all 3 credit bureaus and put a fraud lock on your account so that no one can open new credit with your info and so that you are notified when someone does try to do so. From there, there is sadly not a whole lot someone can do, this is sort of like when people file fraudulent taxes or use other peoples info, there is little the actual person can do and sadly the results of such always hurt the consumer until the issue can be resolved. Hopefully they eventually work a best system into place where it isnt so easy for people to commit fraud. If you already have a case (involving law enforcement) then it may be something down the road where they gather Intel from his computer as proof but I am not entirely sure how all that works and you would need to speak with the person in charge of your case for any info like that as to what they can or cannot do.

Joe, this has been a tbree year nightmare. I'd rather be phhsically stalked! How were you able to see forensics was involved? Thks is probably TMI, but when my ex was shacking up with his married employee, he destroyed his credit, as he stopped paying the mortgage payments. This is his REVENGE. He simlly couldn't handle the pressure from the responsibilities of children and a home. I have changed user ID'S/PASSWORDS, CELL NUMBERS, and with my head down, No, I suck at creating good User ID's/passwords.
Joe, he ks doing tbis to the most severe extent of psychologocal abuse imaginable. I change my security apps, and pfffttt...within an hour they are reversed. He has access to all of my texts/phone calls/emails/what I search online, most recently, emails have gone missing, and texts have been modified. I can tell when my phone calls are being recorded. He can literally be a contact person of mine, texting me!! The latest thing has been all of these letters from Direct TV, aparently, he has gone through this app (I never activated it) and is now using my information to use all they have to offer!!Detective Brown from the Novi Police Dept has relayed, I need SPECIFIC INFO CONNECTING TO JASON. I did this!! I had not set up my AT&T account, went in, and it said Patriciabaranbubik. Ummmm...okay. Then I clicked on "DO NOT KNOW USER ID AND PASSWORD". It came back with, how would you like us to reset: had a portion of my ex's email, and the last four of his cell. I CALLED THE POLICE.
During my meeti ng with detective Brown he relayed, " How do we know this isn't from a past joint account?" I said, the cell phones have ALWAYS been in my name. Its never been a joint account. This wasn't good enough aparently. There was something I must have said that brought him to get forensics involved. They had my previous phone for days. It ran reports for OVER 30 HOURS!!! My phone had been synced with his devises don't you know. AT LEAST I KNOW! Whatever he is doing, he is making it impossible for them to confirm he is who is doing this. Again, making me look and come across like I'm crazy!!
I sent Detective Brown a voicemail relaying both AT&T fraud and Samsung have confirmed my ex has been managing my accounts. No return call. Its as though he isn't seeing the fear and danger behind all this!! My password ***** my Amazon account was changed. My kids school principal called me late last week ripping me a new asshole as she'd been trying to contact me "all day" a few days prior, AND I HAVE NO RECORD OF HER CALLING?!?! In addition, my phone will say I've 6 voicemails, but guess what?? THEY ARE NOT THERE!! I spoke with someone from Gallagher NAC who sounded genuinely concerned. He could hear it in my voice. Their forensic department is involved.
Question. If the Novi forensic peeps couldn't tag Jason with anything after running all those reports, how can this company help me? Did you knkw that if you Google hacking online, it will GIVE YOU SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO DO SO?? My stomach dropped!! The irony of it all is, people don't HACK unless they knlw they can get away with it!! Right? I'm in a master's program. I failed a class because of satonic ex!! My university reports/communication resides through gmail don't ya know. So many reports I'd spent hours upon hours on, either deleted or modified. I am currently taking a break from the program because of all of this!Is it possible for him to go through Uverse or direct TV, to hack into my phone/computer?
What other devices could he be using to get into all of my data? How do I keep it together KNOWING everything is at hjs access? He WANTS me to crack. I have 4 children, one of whom is special needs. I don't know how to keep going like this without coming across like a crazy person! He walked from his children. The only thing I did was confront him about his affair, and ummm...UPS'd all the phone records (IN MY NAME) to her husband.
I was devoted, and there for him always, and he turned our world upside down.
Emailing, is the only way we communicate. He keeps sending me SMS messages. Why?
So my point is, he gets my email address, and pfffttt...goes in and changes my password! BAM!!
ANY, ANY further advise you can give me I'd be so grateful. Your company mislead me. I paid $5 which turned into $35 and after telling them my circumstance told me you all would help. Meanwhile, I am scraping by to make ends meet.Please do whatever you can to help me, or delete my account and reimburse me as I was mislead.Sincerely,
Tricia

Tricia,

Actually I have no way of knowing anything about what or who is involved including any forensics, I was just giving examples.

In terms of things like the cell phone being past joint accounts I can see their point, they need proof in terms of a date something was changed or an account was established, to me for instance this would mean an account using your husbands contact info but under your personal info after the problems started and showing the date being after so that their was no way it could be joint, that's my assumption on that but I am not in law enforcement I am just on the technical side of electronics.

Some suggestions I have would be to put a lock on your credit as I previously stated, as well and I realize this isn't easy, I would cancel your currently used email and create a new one even with a different provider if you need to such as gmail, aol, etc, this way he has no clue what you are using and only give it out to those you trust, you can create another "junk" email per say and only use it for accounts, this way if there's any way he gets the info changed you can simply delete that email, create another new one and start over, he will be hard pressed to change your account info if he cannot find your valid email to try and use, same goes for your phone, if needed go and cancel that phone number, I'd even go as far as canceling the account, explain to the phone provider "why" they should then be able to set you up with a new account and a new phone and account number, again set up using a user name he would not be able to guess, an email he doesn't have for you, and answer security questions incorrect to what they are asking, if you change all info there is no way he should be able to change your info then on your accounts.

In terms of your cell phone, once you change your account and phone number you will also want to restore the phone which will delete everything on it as apps can be put on that gather info and or know your location, or honestly you could also just ditch that phone and get a new one as well, there are many ways around what he is doing with the exception of him using your personal info.

For me I'd go through all the steps I have mentioned, if this is all happening then in my opinion your best to get the upper hand and get ahead of the problem, if you change accounts, numbers, personal info, passwords, email, put a lock on your credit accounts, etc, you should be ahead of the problem to where he cannot change your info, while he has your working email and email you used for accounts and knows your info, he will be able to go in and change things.

Try to remain calm and don't feed into what he does, I realize that's hard but if you take the above steps you should be headed in a right direction of preventing him from changing your accounts/info. The phone account, phone number and restoring the phone is also very important. When you put a lock on your credit, any time someone tries to open new credit in your name it will prompt the company because of the lock, the only way for them to continue is for them to speak with the person the account info is for which in this case is you, so if they speak to him that will trigger a problem, and if he tries using another female they also ask certain questions about your past but if he knows those correct answers that may cause a problem, but you can call each credit agency to lock your credit from anyone using it further.

In terms of hacking that is an whole other matter, you should also get any info from your computer(s) that the police need or anyone else and then do a clean restore on your computers as well and do not install any problems not trusted to help keep him out of that as well, you should also if you have a wireless network go into the router settings and change the log in info and then also change the wifi password ***** one highly encrypted t help prevent him getting in.

There's not much I can do other than offer those suggestions.

Thanks,

Joe

All Around Tech
All Around Tech
All Around Tech, Computer Enthusiast