Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

Phone sometimes, but mostly on browser. The Android OS is…

Customer Question
Hi, yes. I am...

Hi, yes. I am Wayne.***@******.***.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Phone sometimes, but mostly on browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

The Android OS is dead on the phone. 3 times I did a Recovery reboot and get a dead robot. I assume that means the OS is dead. The battery is topped off or the phone is attached to the power.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

The phone is a Motorola Atrix 2. It has been 3 years since I last had ATT cellular network connection.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Android Devices
about the terms and conditions....If I am in free trial. Why did I pay $5 to get started?What is the meaning? Seen where I provided my credit card info. " Balance processed after chat resumes: $25"
Define meaning, " after chat resumes"? If this for a new topic or any continued discussion on the same issue?
When the phone is started, all I see is the ATT symbol. Does not display any Android info.
I have a Windows computer, so I can load code with it.
Please provide directions.I can't tell you the Android OS version. I purchased the phone about 5 years ago.
Do you want me to provide info found on the simple boot screens. But not seeing any numbers.
Am I likely to see this problem again since I have no intention of attaching the phone to any cellular network?
In addition, in the dead robot screen, I wiped the data/factory reset. This time activating my choice with the power button.
And saw the following display in front of a standing robot...." Wiping data....
Formatting /data...
Formatting cache...
Data wipe complete. "
12/2/2017
Android Device Expert: ITPeter, Engineer replied 4 months ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hi Wayne, how can I help?

Hi Wayne, I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.

ITPeter
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer